1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

youth football please help

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by butterflyblue, Oct 14, 2008.

1. butterflyblue

butterflyblue Junior Member

My name is Chrystal Music, and I wanted to thank you for your time. My husband's name is James Music and he is one of the coaches of our RS youth football teams in Rutherford , NC . The Head Coach is Keith Hines. Our team name is the Broncos. Our organization is RSYFCA, our web site is www.leaguelineup.com\rsyfca. The reason I am writing you is because our organization needs your help. We had several of our helmets and game pants stolen from us. These children are given practice pants that have holes all in the, and pads that barley fit. We get a game Jersey and pants, because our pants we stolen. We are using old pants and they have holes in them.

The practice fields we have are donated for our use during the season. Which we are very grateful for. The hole league has to share fields, and their isn't much room. We have no equipment to use.

Our game fields are the high school fields, but half the time they won't let us use them. Due to they are afraid we will mess them up. We have to pay $100 per game to use them, and clean up the trash from Friday night games, and of course our game trash on Saturday. I understand some of the reason for the high school, but what the coaches don't realize these kids our future and yours. If they don't have anything to look forward too, and our disappointed. Then why would they want to play ball if this is what they have to look forward too, except crime and drugs. Some of these kids have to ride their bicycles to practice and they don't live close. These children are 11 & 12 years old. Some don't even have cleats to wear. This town is dying and need these children to make it thrive. All the kids in the RSYFCA are very talented, but needs help showing it. Why would a child perform in holes and rags, while the team they are playing are in brand new uniforms.

We have two other youth leagues in our county one is Chase Youth League and the other is Forest City Youth League. Both teams have exceptional uniforms. Neither league has any problem using their high school field. Both leagues gets donations, but the Forest City League gets $41,000 for their team. We are all in the same county, and it is sad that we can't split that money.

My whole point is that we are asking for your help to see if you could donate anything; uniforms, equipment, or money to the kids of ours and your future. Please help and Thank You for your time. Please fill free to contact us James Music at 828-289-8993 or 828-527-7366, and Keith Hines at 828-286-3225 or 828-980-2248.

Sincerely,
    RSYFCA and team mom of 11 & 12 year olds Chrystal Music