1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

your TBR picks

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by heelsnum1, Sep 15, 2006.

1. heelsnum1

heelsnum1 Full Access Member

I don't play the pickem game, however I think it is funny that I have noticed that you have included one Charlotte Country Day game last year (Crest) and one this year (Charlotte Catholic). Both games combined only one person has picked CCDS, and they won both. Nobody picked em to beat Crest last year and they won with ease. Wonder if anyone will pick the Bucs when they play Crest at home this year. Will you?

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

you should joined the pickem contest man. sounds like you would have a perfect record for at least the last two seasons.

3. Fred

Fred .........

Seriously... we do the prep picks every year. Next year, show us what you've got. ;)

4. heelsnum1

not saying that i would be good at the game, cuz i wouldn't. Just wanted to point out something I thought was interesting, and I was wondering how much yall follow the privates.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

shoot Thanks for sharing. might at least help me!:rolleyes:

6. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Aren't they changing the rules next year for the privates so that the ages are the same thing as public schools?

7. heelsnum1

I think they already did smashmouth. I think it was in effort for the CMS schools to remove their rule preventing mecklenburg county publics (other than Catholic) to play private schools (this is why you see Country Day and Latin playing out of county publics like Crest, Northwestern, etc.). If the rule hasn't officially changed yet, I do know that it should happen soon.

I also remember an age issue that began at the beginning of last years season, and back then the difference was only by a month.

Finally, two or so years ago, it was allowed for a public school athlete to transfer to a private school and repeat a grade for academic reasons, which lead to an extra athletic season as well. That rule was corrected within the past 2 years to be more in line with the public's rule.

8. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

I know there are some kids that played at Crest last year as seniors and they are playing for Victory Christian (I think) this year. I wasn't sure about the rule, but someone had told me in passing that they thought they were changing the rule if teams wanted to continue to play public schools.

9. heelsnum1

Wow, thats interesting about Victory Christian. I guess the rule hasn't changed completely yet. The movements to change are definately in progress. It is frusterating to hear that Victory Christian is bringing these guys in for football purposes only (which I think it is safe to assume that is what they are doing assuming these Crest players are actually on their squad). I know there are no over aged kids that play for CCDS since almost all of them have been there since lower school. I think the same is true for Latin as well. Hopefully the rules can get worked out so everyone is happy. I'm looking forward to the Crest-CCDS matchup in a few weeks! I guess now I'm also interested in the CCDS-Victory Christian matchup the week before.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

see .....you helped me.

great information guys.

Crest should getcha this year though.;)