1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wow...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by faith99, Nov 7, 2009.

1. faith99

faith99 Junior Member

I can't believe I'm actually posting on here.... Ya'll be nice because I am not here to debate the game of football. I'm sure everyone here could thrash me with football talk.
    What I've learned about football I've learned as a single mom supporting her son who fell in love with the game at 5 years old. He didn't have a father who would teach him, help him or support him. His first day of practice I put his thigh pads in backwards... I've learned a LOT since then... I do have a few points to make...
    #1. I'm from Burke County and went to EB... (that was for you, EB) My son learned the fundamentals of football at Drexel Community Center by one of the best little league coaches there was.
    #2. He's been lucky to have some of the most caring, dedicated, hard nosed coaches there are. Coach Harper is right up there at the top of the list. No, I don't agree with everything he does nor would anyone be able to agree with everything ANYONE does... BUT... He loves those boys and he is dedicated in teaching them about football and LIFE. He is teaching them to be good men. To be responsible and dedicated to both. He is NOT teaching them to be losers. He says win or lose I want you to be the best man you can be.... There is nothing about being a loser in that at all. You can't win every game in life and you have to learn what to do about it when it happens.
    #3. Hibriten is a GREAT team. However, ACHS had some tough breaks at that game last night. Bowers did a good job especially for someone who hasn't gotten to play very much all year. Kinniard is a GREAT QB and it hurt that he wasn't able to play... Our defense is ranked as one of the best and for a good reason but last night they were worn down and wasn't able to perform at their normal level.
    #4. Anyone who is so full of anger and resentment for whatever personal reason that can't rise above and be an adult is pitiful. That kind of attitude is what is hurting our kids today. Respect, Honor, Discipline, Dedication, becoming good RESPONSIBLE men ARE more important than winning a ballgame. Sometimes losing a tough game just makes you better at what you do. It gives you incentive to show the naysayers that you are as good as all the hype. These kids deserve respect from all of us EVEN if they did get beaten as badly as they did. My son HATED losing that game but he just knows now what he needs to work on for next week. It is a learning experience. THATs what life is all about. So grow up.... just because you are mad because YOU don't have the job you want doesn't mean you have to bash people.
    #5. Why is there a need to be so childish? Isn't this board about discussing football? Not bashing coaches, teams, towns.... It must be a sad life to live if that's all you have to offer.... Did you happen to see how well our boys did at the end of the game? They held their heads up and congratulated Hibriten like respectable men.... I'm proud of you all!
    #6. Good Luck Hibriten... I hope you win the State Championship.... and my son does, too!!!
    #7.. Go ACHS!!!! Do what you've done all season... (cept last night) Show what kind of players you are! In all of my years at sports events... from Burke County to Alexander County... I haven't ever seen a town so supportive of their players... from football, to basketball, to softball... and all other sports. I'm proud to be from Alexander County... and I'm proud of the ACHS Cougars!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

It appears your son has had a great role model in yourself...great job, Mom!!!!!

There is nothing that you have said that doesn't hit the proverbial nail on the head

3. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

Well said, Faith99.

I may have went out of line myself. I know Harper pretty well and I think the world of that man. I have seen AC play and know how hard nosed of a team they are. I know they buy into what Harper teaches them. I know he would go out on a limb and help any one of his players.

BTW is Johnny Tate the coach at Drexel you are talking about??

4. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

AMEN AMEN AMEN.. AND AGAIN I SAY AMEN!! Was blessed to grow up and play here and feel that excite just short few yrs ago myself!!! Hey Faith did you see that awesome poster on the field house last night displaying Phil. 4:13?

5. faith99

faith99 Junior Member

Thank you, Braves... That means a lot to me...
    Coachcre... I should have said the best coaches because yes, Tate was def one of them... Him and BJ.
    Rob... I DID see that and it was wonderful! There were a LOT of positives at that game... (just one that wasn't so good.. and that was losing... but live and learn!!!)

6. Coachcre

Of course you do, You are the same person. Dont worry Ive notified the mods. I do think you and Objective viewer are the same person.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  7. faith99

faith99 Junior Member

Coachcre... I hear Tate is still coaching... do you know him well? How about BJ? BJ's dad coached for years and years, too... Bob... They were GREAT influences.

8. Coachcre

I dont know I have heard the name. I know kids I went to middle school with who played for him. I dont know if he is or not.

Samegame I am willing to discuss football as long as theirs no coach bashing.

Harper is like a 2nd father to me and has done alot for me so thats why I got on to the man.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow...so you are saying your views were bogus. Then you never should have expressed them

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009