1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wishes do come true....

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SoutherNo1, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

I went to a wedding once in Lexington many years ago. They didn't serve alcohol...what's up with that?

2. throwheat22

throwheat22 Full Access Member

Gas no problem here in Raleigh...if you can get here and if the rain stays away.

3. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

IMO

My god did you see the pictures. Cobbler with ice cream? White slaw? Thought that was for hot dogs. And what is in some of those bowls? Look like rat meat and beans. I think. If you have to put anything more on BBQ other than Texas Pete. It would not be right. Oh and do not forget hushpuppies. BBQ Slaw on the side and no hot dog slaw.

4. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Great matchups

The games were great with the wood bats, low scoring and very competitive. These were the games I got to see today. Cool to watch part of the Tar Heels scrimmage game on the Stadium field.

North Canes 4 Dirtbags 3

Dirtbags 2 Cubs 0

South Canes 2 Richmond Braves 1

5. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Dry county. They do sell in Lexington city limits. Not sure as to the limits.

6. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Yeah, Stretchy, I saw you down in the dugout...getting your VIP on...heeheehee Was a good ball game. Great pitching and solid defense for both teams. Game was even much much closer than the 2-0 score.

And Southern1, who may as well be a scout, as he has as much info on each kid as any scout! Good chatting with you today... Q was looking good today, but he was going through tea withdrawals!

Maybe I chat with you tomorrow, Stretchy.... that is if you are not VIP Comp'd somewhere at the ball field

(Ouch on the $4.00 Pepsi today)

7. Stretchy

The man above the dugout wearing the Visor

Your ears must have been burning since I was doing some dugout talk with the big boss (we both like little Diesel)......at least I was there to be a witness to the fact that your runner did actually miss 3rd base!!

I am hosting in Tarboro tomorrow so I will catch up with you next time for sure. i too am in shock over my 3 dollar hot dog that was gone in 3 bites....a dollar a bite!!!!!

8. mavsbaseball25

mavsbaseball25 Full Access Member

scouts

Just wondering if the scouts stayed home due to rain or if they kept going at it? Any app. st. coaches there?

9. Stretchy

More scouts than fans at some games

it looked to me like every college was there as was the MLB guys.

10. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Coach Pollard and Boykin were in Boone running scrimmages. Coach Jordan was on the road, but I am unsure if he was in Cary.