1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WHS Boys 3-0

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bubba, Jan 4, 2005.

1. SillyDilly22

SillyDilly22 Junior Member

ac reynolds has some athletic guys this year some of the most in the conference....not a lot of size in the post compared to watauga but their speed and want for the ball makes up for most of their disadvantages.....
    PS.....willie harper is a dang stud....

2. titan90

titan90 titan90

The refs could have called a foul at the end of the McDowell game or they could have called a walk. I thought it was a good "no call". Besides do not whine about the refs because this game should have never came down to this final play. The Pioneers were up by 9 or 10 in the 4th quarter and folded - plus they got out coached.

3. SillyDilly22

No way did watauga get outcoached....that coach can noway compare to sanders and the drive he gives his players....but yes the players, i feel, did lose the mental game how its been for a lot of games....the athletic ability is there the brains arent most of the time...and whatever happened to levi jackson?...supposed to be some kind of prodigy when he was a freshman...didnt even start both times watauga played them and got worked by watauga's post presence...and watauga would kill for a chance to play mcdowell first round of the playoffs....because it is a definite that watauga will kill them

4. titan90

titan90 titan90

Everyone had high hopes for Levi when he was a freshman at MHS. Since then his play has went south. Everyone thought that he would grow 4-5 more inches, but he is still 6-4 just as he was when he was 14 years old. Levi use to work for me and i would often here him say that Coach Church was mad at him because he would not go to open gym or he would not go to summer camps with the team. Just things like this has caused his game to down the drain. He is just lazy during the off season. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Terrance Kincaid. He is a 9th grader that was moved up to the varsity level when Justin Beam quit the team. Terrance plays 3 or 4 sports so I don't think he will have time to get lazy.

If we lose to Reynolds on friday night then we will see you in marion next week. To bad that the Pioneers will have to win the tournament to make the state playoffs. I just don't see that happening this year - maybe next year.

5. SillyDilly22

you have to realize that this conference is as evenly matched as it has ever been....watauga has also won 14 games in the regular season a huge turn around and a giant confidence builder so the conference tournament will be awesome to watch watauga hopes its mcdowell being one of its most heated rival besides alexander central and i see almost a definite that watauga will win the conference tournament but how the conference is matched anything could happen

6. titan90

titan90 titan90

Levi has quit the team. He was not at the Reynolds game on friday and i asked one of the jv players of his where abouts and they said he had quit the team. I just do not understand why a senior would quit at the end of the season. Coach Church moved another player from the jv team to the varsity (Hausley). He played decent when he was in the game. I think he had 4 points and a couple of rebounds.

Will you be at the game on tuesday night SillyDilly. Should be another good game between MHS and WHS.

7. SillyDilly22

Of course ill be there....and its sad that a senior quit...and he was, i thought, a player that brought fire out there when he was on the court and made the games more competitive...and it will be a heated game with a lot of trash talk and its the team that keeps their head in it the most who will win the game...i look forward to watching it

8. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

local paper has Levi down as injuring his ankle? I've also heard the rumor that he quit but I don't think it is true

9. SillyDilly22

levi didnt quit he was there last night....and yes mcdowell played well and deserved to win....im sad to see this season end the way it did....we cant change the past just look forward to next year and seeing seth moore and ryan anderson play ball like crazy