1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

who will finish top three next year

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bigjon, Jun 2, 2007.

1. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

watauga beat mcdowell at there place last year when they had seth moore.and played them pretty good after he got hurt and can beat them this year if alan can step up for watauga.mcdowells inside game killed us without seth last year.

2. CHIMIKE3

CHIMIKE3 Full Access Member

that's too bad for acr

i would bet the two players that transferred out were d.j clement and ted eby. and i'm sure clement is the one attending prep school in the northeast. there wee some questions raised concerning clement's eligibility last season, especially after the rockets beat whs in fairview. eby most likely is the one at asheville. that is really going to hurt the rockets.

3. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

add the upcoming junior class (conf champs i might add) and Watauga will be pretty good. And by the looks of this board nobody will see them coming lol

4. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

I heard alot of players at Watauga are quitting. I know of at least 3 from the JV's last year that won't play.

5. WD6WHS

WD6WHS Do You

Thats true clarker... i got three good friends from jv last year that for sure will not be playing... could be more... but three at the moment... and all three contributed big... i also have heard rumors that a fourth is transferring to the school of math and science... the other three are all baseball players... and want to spend more time getting ready for baseball

6. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

You're right on about the fourth transfering, big loss for soccer too. And one player moved to South Carolina as well. There's still some good talent coming up though

7. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Actually, it is the other way around Eby to a prep school and Clement to Asheville. Go figure. I don't know if Clement will be eligible or not but he could be with all of the online course recovery that is offered over the summer.

This is just a bit of conjecture on my part but it is my understanding that neither of them wanted to play in the T.C. Roberson system and that is what the new coach runs seeing as how he was the jv coach at T.C. before going to Reynolds. So now they are off to other schools. Whatever.

8. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

i coached the 14u aau team watauga storm and seen the 19u aau watauga play, and they beat some pretty goods teams without some key players .watauga will be a very good team but they will need alan and someone else to step up when we play teams with a good inside game if that happens watauga will be hard to beat also zack green needs to be more of a leader and must learn he can not do it alone.if he plays good team ball watauga could win the con this year

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  9. Biometric

Biometric Junior Member

Update on ACR. Clement will be back at Reynolds, Eby is gone. At least for now.

10. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

ACR

If clement is back who are some of the guys that will help him out ?