1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

who will finish top three next year

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bigjon, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bigjon

bigjon Junior Member

1.Mcdowell
    2.Freedom
    3.Watagua

2. sickofthis07

sickofthis07 Full Access Member

its sad man but your right. McDowell is a definite to finish first by at least a couple of games. i posted on here once saying my peice and evaluating each of McDowell and Freedoms main players. ill give you a better and thorough evaluation next sunday. trust me man i know my stuff. but your right with your predictions. Watuaga is going to suprise alotta ppl this year. but finish your list man. what about 4 5 6 7?

3. sickofthis07

Updated Thoughts On McDowell vs. Freedom

At the Mars Hill Basketball Camp this last week, hosted by the very respected Terry Rogers, former Freedom coach, Freedom played McDowell very well and Sam Ford started the game out hitting a few tough shots. Petey was in pain most of the game, but that didn't matter. Terrance Kincaid is amazing. He went off and scored well over 25 points. Ethan Kincaid is a solid point guard, he has developed into one of the top point guards in the conference. Im still not impressed and disappointed with Seth Weatherman. He has alot of potential, as a sophmore, but Petey as a sophmore was much better than Seth. Clifton is out of town so they were very weak inside. Petey and Buggy scored at will and Brian Twitty is out with an injury, but his replacement, Eli Miller, did very well starting point guard as a rising sophmore. I was very impressed with Chavis Hamiltons play through out the camp as well. Brock Barnett is a hustler. He is strong and has lost 25 pounds. He is up there with the elite in the conference. In my opinion, McDowell has the best two posts in the confernce in Petey and Brock.

Leave me any questions if you have any

4. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

Who won?

Sickofthis07 i was not able to make it up to mars hill this year and was just wondering who won the FHS MHS game? Also what other teams were impressive? I agree with your assesment of Seth he has not lived up to what he could be, but to say Brian Twitty is better than Ethan is a major insult

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  5. sickofthis07

Sickofthis07 i was not able to make it up to mars hill this year and was just wondering who won the FHS MHS game? Also what other teams were impressive? I agree with your assesment of Seth he has not lived up to what he could be, but to say Brian Twitty is better than Ethan is a major insult to him.

MHS won by 12, 68-56. Ok. Chris was better than Ethan. Brian is a better point guard than Chris. Chris scores better than brian, but id def rather have brian running my team. Ethan shoots the ball better than brian, but MHS does not need another shooter. Brian did not get alotta publicity last year, but he will shine this year.

6. bigjon

bigjon Junior Member

MHS won by 12, 68-56. Ok. Chris was better than Ethan. Brian is a better point guard than Chris. Chris scores better than brian, but id def rather have brian running my team. Ethan shoots the ball better than brian, but MHS does not need another shooter. Brian did not get alotta publicity last year, but he will shine this year.[/quote]

I agree about Brian Twitty. He did not get much playing time over his older brother chris last year but i've heard nothing but good about him. From what I have seen and heard, he will be one of the top players in the conference.

7. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

I got to say if any team can beat mcdowell its freedom.I believe its gonna be a tie for first possibly this and maybe a chance of meeting 4 times this year.

I agree brian twitty is a good player but i wouldnt trade ethan kincaid or ne in the conference at all.Ethan has improved big time in the offseason and has 2 things thats gonna help be one the best players in the conference.Thats expeirence since he started every game as a sophmore and having possibly the best point gaurds ever to play in the nw4a as a coach.As for seth weatherman he is possibly the hardest working kid on the team and is a true leader.I dont think u have seen what seth can really do and i believe u will see it this coming season.

8. sickofthis07

Thats expeirence since he started every game as a sophmore and having possibly the best point gaurds ever to play in the nw4a as a coach.As for seth weatherman he is possibly the hardest working kid on the team and is a true leader.I dont think u have seen what seth can really do and i believe u will see it this coming season.

wow...the best point guard hands down to ever play in the NW4A conference is Jenis Grindstaff. End of discussion. Seth can be as hard working as he wants to be but he will never, ever be able to guard Petey. Lets not even mention his offensive abilities because they are terrible. He can dunk. Thats about it. But he will never do it in a game. Another difference in McDowell and Freedom. McDowell dunks in games, freedom doesn't. But i will give freedom credit when McDowell played down there Buggy dunked it probably seven times but they didn't get scared. Thats the only team McDowell played all year that didn't get scared when they saw Terrance fly through the air. Seth rebounds well and is a hustler. Im not one sided, ill give Seth his credit. But i do not think he will be one of the top players in the confernce. Ethan can. Sam CAN. Seth wont. Petey IS. Buggy IS. McDowell is much deeper than Freedom as well. Im sorry man. Ive given my analysis in previous posts comparing each McDowell starter to each Freedom starter and sam is the only one that is actually better. But sam does not do much but shoot. I have noticed his improvment with his driving abitlites but i dare him to take that to Petey lol. Sam is a GREAT shooter. He is like lee humphries. Does nothing but shoot. But the difference in lee and sam is that lee had the perfect supporting cast. Sam doesn't. Freedom has a chance to beat McDowell this season, as does watuaga, ACR, AC, SC, EB.

9. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

if i am right we did beat yall once last year.

10. sickofthis07

if im not right, i gave you credit for that. but if you wanna go there. what happened the first time? julian mac needed help. he didn't get it. and the third time...........yeah. i didn't say you didn't have a chance to beat us. i said you did. it seems that you didn't read my last post or would have seen that. i am giving every player on your team credit except seth weatherman. he has all this hype and not living up to it. other ppl on TBR and that i have talked to agree totally with me.