1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What's going on in the NW-4A?

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Fred, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Fred

Fred .........

What's going on in the NW-4A?

Last update I had- McDowell was kicking butt in girls action, Freedom lost to EB.

And last I heard, Freedom was still undefeated and had just beaten EB. Who's in contention to take FHS down?

2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Welp, I too am new on this board. I live in Caldwell County and and I can sum up the NW-4a as best I can put it going into tonight Jan 31st.

On the boys side, Freedom is first at 7-0. The only team right now with a legit shot of catching them is East Burke at 7-1. Then the fun begins, McDowell is 4-3, South Caldwell is 3-4, Alexander Central is 3-5. Honestly, its 3 teams for 2 spots at the playoffs. South beat AlexCent once who has split with McDowell who has beaten South once. Watauga at 2-6 could get hot down the strech, but I have my doubts. And AC Reynolds is holding up the conference at 0-7.

On the girls side, the only thing for certain is nothing is for certain. McDowell is leading the pack, but have had some nail biters. Then South Caldwell, Freedom, AC Reynolds are all tied for 2nd right now (again going into Friday). But this weekend, Freedom plays host to AC Reynolds Friday and then AC Reynolds plays host to South Caldwell on Saturday. East Burke better get on the stick if they are going to battle back for a playoff spot.

3. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Week in NW4A

OKay guys, I think this might be the week in the NW4A to seperate the contenders and the pretenders.

Tuesday: South Caldwell at Freedom, East Burke at McDowell, Watauga at AC Reynolds, and ALexander goes to Hickory out of conference... that the way the paper here has it. I think it is correct.

If it is, That means the top 4 in the boys play eachother and 4 of the top 5 in the girls play eachother.

This should be fun.
    :D