1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

West Rowan ends regular season 23-0!!!!

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by LakeNormanFan, Feb 15, 2003.

1. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

FINAL::xyzwave:
    West Rowan: 80
    East Rowan: 53

:wink2: A message to the Northwest Cabarrus "Scared" boys basketball team: :wink2:

"We've got nothing to be ashamed of," said Kurnitsky, who got 21 points from junior star Kenny Abel. "We got West's respect. We didn't hold the ball on them and I think they respected that. People paid their five bucks, so we weren't gonna hold it. If you hold the ball, that means you're afraid. And we're not afraid of nothing."

:roflmao: :hasta:

2. falcon1

falcon1 Full Access Member

Great post LakeNormanFan! Hope Trojan fans read this, especially their coach. While his intention to stall the ball was probably not a bad game plan, since West beat them in their house by 50 in the first meeting and realizing that they didn't have a snowballs chance in hades, his methodology was an insult to the Northwest Cabarrus players and fans. Who knows, mabey we will face them again in the NPC tournament next week and we will see that same crap again. By the way, do you know if pairings, games, etc. have been announced for the tournament? Looking forward for another sweep and on to the state playoffs. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!

3. falcon1

Where are all the old posters? The only other poster concerning the NPC is LakeNormanFan. I know there were a lot of posters from the old charlotte.com, and I personally liked the other board better, but where are you guys posting now or are you? Help!

4. LakeNormanFan

:confused:

As you probably know by now, the first round NPC mens' match-up of West Rowan/Lake Norman will be tonight at 7:30. It follows the girls game between Mooresville and the Falcons' surprising girls' squad which begins at 6:00.

After West takes the NPC (yeah I think it's going to happen), thier next match-up should be at home next week against Parkwood or Union Pines.....if the Falcons win that one.....THEN..........DUE TO A SCHEDULING QUIRK BY THE NCHSAA (again! Remember Sun Valley last year?)...the <I><U>undefeated</I></U> Falcons GO ON THE ROAD to Top 5 Trinity!!!! I know they have to lose sometime but a level playing field would be nice to have (NCHSAA sucks!)

AS FOR THIS BOARD: I found out about it via the old Prep Baseball forum........all <I>those</> guys got the word....I'm trying to enlighten the prep basketball posters......as for now, you're right, the feedback is pitiful.....spread the word Falcon1......GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree. I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of new members to this forum. Baseball and softball are doing a good job, but the basketball forum (girls and boys) does not seem to be growing.

The only way to grow is by word of mouth...if either of you guys can help, let me know. I really don't have time because of the baseball forum, but I would like to see this grow!

Now, a question for you guys...can West Rowan be beaten? What would have to happen for this to take place?

6. FalconAlum

FalconAlum Junior Member

I think its going to be harder for the Falcons this year than last. I still think they can do it, but the one thing they have to watch out for is getting too comfortable with winning. They have to remember they are almost at the point where one loss sends them back home. They have to keep up the intensity for every game and team. I really cant see anyone beating the Falcons with their superior height, athleticisim and air tight defense...just keep in mind that everyone is shooting for that bullseye on their chest. Good luck to the girls and guys tonight at the Gurley dome!

7. lamboworld

lamboworld Junior Member

I don't think that there is any team in 3a that can beat West Rowan this year. Trinity is good, but they have no height and are only a three-point threat. West Rowan's defense is what will enable them to repeat. They have 2 guys that are 6'7"- 6'8" that can guard the perimeter and not many high school teams can counter that.

I imagine that TC Roberson is good again this year since they are undefeated. If West Rowan can win at Trinity they should have an easy path to the Hill.

We will see! I really hope that WR can play Northwest Cabarrus one more time. Stall ball won't happen again.

8. LakeNormanFan

:beer:
    Cool!!!! Ask and you will receive!!! 2 more FalconFanz!!! Guys, please post the WR/Lake Norman ass-whipping:smash: (I couldn't make it to the game tonight)

:sun: AN IDEA..........if it comes down to Trinity, let's all get there 2 hours early and fill up 3/4 of the stands before the home crowd knows what hit'em (like we did last year at Sun Valley):invasion:

Trinity is easy to get to; a mile or two right off I-85 near Archdale.
    GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!
    :cheers:

9. falcon1

I believe the final was 102-60 or in that range. Halftime was 50-37. We weren't playing our usual game. We were out-of-sinc, overconfident, etc.. I don't know what was happening but we weren't playing our style of game and Gurley was not happy to say the least. Five minutes into the 3rd quarter was the same and then we started to click on all cylinders and the rest is history. Concerning Trinity, if everything goes as expected, barring no upsets, we will play them in sectional finals. I work with a friend who has a son that goes to Trinity and he says that we will hate their gym since it is hot and small. He said that they don't have a very large fan base and they will be surprised when they see how many fans we bring. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. LakeNormanFan

Thanks Falcon1, sounds like another Sun Valley "middle-school" size gym. If the game starts at 7:30, I'll be there at 5...