1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

well being a black man from boone that played at watauga years ago,having my nephew,and a family freind thats black that plays on the team that does bother me and should not have been said.but as a black man you can hear that anywhere,like at east burke last year as i was leaving the game.but i do beleave that if coach snow knew about it he would have taking care of it ,and will ask my nephew about it.that what i am saying about acr that the coachs see how there kids act and do nothing about it.

2. mtnman606

bigdan do you think this years mcdowell team is as good as last years,from what i seen at watauga is that it is not ,but i have only seen them play that one game.if you seen that game tell me if mcdowell had an off night or did watauga just play a good game.

3. fmrtitangreat

fmrtitangreat mcdowell titans

i think mcdowell was more polished last year with the point guards play. however they did have an off nite in boone but the things is they find ways to win just like last years team. this year i think its going to come dowm to haulsey getting alot of touches inside and him staying out of foul trouble. last year no one looked at them as the power house and they got throught the regular season and them were looked at as a good team. this year they are getting the best game from everyone and they have a target as the conferences best team to this point. they arent as flashy as last year but they are finishing games and putting wins on the board and just like you guys in football- those wins are all that matters!

4. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Too true.

5. Wildcats

Wildcats Junior Member

McDowell is not as strong in there transition game as last year,
    but they somehow continue to get the job done. I saw the game Friday
    against EB and it was a close game with EB's senior guard making a bonehead play at the end. McDowell stepped up and hit big free throws.
    They are for real. East Burke and Freedom both look good, but I don't think they have all the firepower McDowell does. These games are really fun to watch and rematches will be even more exciting.

6. mtnman606

if you win by 1 or 100 is still a win and the close games will do nothing but make them better.the only thing i seen was they should get the ball inside more ,but the big guy had 3 fouls in the 1st half.

7. fmrtitangreat

fmrtitangreat mcdowell titans

petey is the key to success and everyone knows that. coach church knows he has a stud and they will continue to ride him. they have got good production from kincaid and a surprise on the perimeter from dalton. he has made alot of big threes so far and i think thats important to open up driving lanes for buggy and angles needed to keep gettin haulsey the ball on the interior.

8. mtnman606

the dalton kid played a heck of a game at watauga he was the reason they won with his 3s and free throws with petey and kaincaid had 14 each .they will make a big run at state this again this year.did talk to some of asu players that were at the game they was wanting to see alot more out of petey.asu coach was at the game he has a nephew that plays for watauga,some players were saying petey would have to get better with his outside game playing at app.look forward to seeing him for four years up here at app.