1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

Watauga can thank their second string for coming into the game being down by 17 and pulling within 5 points at one point and only down by 8 when the starters came back in. Zach Greene was putting on a show in the 4th quarter with about 15 or more points in the last 5 minutes. It was a great game and ACR is a very very good 0-4 conference team. I would definately not look at their record before playing them. Big win for the Pioneers.

2. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

If I were guesstimating....That crowd would have been 2,000 - 2,500 easy..

3. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Freedom won 84-56

An overall great night for freedom as they took a 23-10 lead after on quarter and didnt look back.South cut the lead 8 at the half but Freedom came out fire in the 2nd half to pull away. 4 players in double figures last night.
    Sam Ford 19
    Clifton Avery 17
    Seth Weatherman 14
    Ethan Kincaid 12.

Freedom moves to 10-5 and 3-0 in the conference.

4. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

acr really need to stop there players from acting that way,it really does say alot about the school,and the younger kids are starting to act the same way when the aau team i coach beat a team from over there the coach would not shake our hands.do they just act like that when watauga plays them or if thats just the way they act over there no matter who they play

5. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

i feel that that is just the way they act...if you ask me they walk as though they are better...as if they are too good for the other teams on the conference...i dont get how a coach can allow his/her team to show such poor sportsmanship...no one else in the conference does it and for that matter no other high school that i can think of does it either...its just plain rude

6. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Funny thing is when our TB was called the "N" word up at Boone this year no one on here said a word about that. Watauga even got a 15 yard penalty for it, and I was on the sideline and heard it as well, so yes it did happen.

7. TitanFanForever

TitanFanForever Full Access Member

It's REALLY hard to hear what the players are saying to each other when in the stands at a football game. Basketball is much closer so that's why there are comments about who said what to whom...
    As for the incident at Boone I'm sure that's not the first time something vulgar has been said on the field at least the official took charge and gave the penalty. That doesn't make what was said right. I believe what was being discussed was the lack of good sportmanship that ACR demonstrates. I know from personal expirence as a fan that I've had more than incident that I've encountered that's left a bad taste in my mouth for the Athletic Program at ACR.

8. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Trust me there is more then just that one thing that has happened to our athletes, including rocks being thrown at the team bus (breaking a window on the bus) down at Icard. Could it be that ACR kids are being treated bad on the road as well, but we don't get on here and cry about it, because we are used to it by now. Being on the sideline at football games I promise you there aren't any schools in the conference that is free from having the poor sportsmanship lable placed on some of their kids.

9. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

:basket:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  10. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

guys...I don't know where this is going but we better put an end to it right now. Things always happen, this isn't the place to talk about it.