1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Virginia Sports Complex Opens under New Management

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by VASportsComplex, Mar 4, 2012.

1. VASportsComplex

VASportsComplex Junior Member

PRESS RELEASE
    For Immediate Release
    March 1st, 2012

THE EAST COAST’S HIDDEN BASEBALL GEM NOW HAS BIG LEAGUE OWNERSHIP

Caroline County, Virginia: On Friday February 25th, 2012 The Virginia Sports Complex (VSC) was acquired by Former Major League Players Dave Gallagher, Jeff Schaefer, New Jersey based entrepreneur Jim Radvany and the Founder of ECTB Terry Schadler.

The Virginia Sports Complex was built in 2006 by local Virginia businessman John Henry Attkinson and his family “My family built VSC because we love the game of baseball, the kids who play it and Caroline County” said John Henry. “Times have brought change and in moving through the sale of VSC I had and continue to have the good fortune of working alongside this amazing group of baseball/business people. I truly believe in my heart this is the group that will fulfill the dreams my family and I had for the Virginia Sports Complex, the kids and Caroline County when we built it.”

Under the leadership of new President/CEO Terry Schadler, Virginia Sports Complex is destined to become the East Coast’s premier sports facility. Terry was born and raised in Kutztown, PA, and is the founder of ECTB (Elite Championship Tournament Baseball). Terry held the titles of Middle Atlantic AAU Chair, USSSA Baseball, and is a current regional director for the USA Baseball NTIS program. “Terry has the experience to make this venture successful; he knows the baseball tournament and facility business. He possesses the background, dedication and determination that made him the obvious choice to be appointed President and CEO” said Jim Radvany.

Dave Gallagher and Jim Radvany were planning to build a baseball/softball complex in New Jersey when Gallagher’s former Chicago White Sox teammate Jeff Schaefer contacted him with the VSC opportunity. “Schaef called me and emphatically said not to do anything until Jim and I drive down to Virginia and looked at what he called tournament baseball’s hidden gem” said Gallagher. “Jim and I took the trip to Virginia and knew immediately that the VSC was more than we expected and exactly what Schaef said it was; a hidden baseball gem”.

“VSC is that special baseball place that will create memorable experiences for the families who visit and opportunity for the kids who play here.” said Schaefer.

VSC is located off Route 1 in Caroline County, Virginia. The facility features four large
    (60’/90’) and four small baseball (50’/70’) professionally maintained fields. All fields have Bermuda sod infields and outfields and electronic score boards on each field. There are two 360 degree observation towers with full concessions inside each baseball quad and a state if the art sound system, a 40,000 square foot field house that includes eight batting cages, four volleyball courts, two basketball courts, full indoor turf, locker rooms, a performance training gym and two classrooms. A new restaurant/bar is in the future and is currently under construction. The official grand opening under new management is scheduled for the weekend of March 24th and 25th.

For more information on the Virginia Sports Complex, tournaments, sporting events or bookings, please visit our websites at www.vasportscomplex.com and www.ectb.org or contact Debbie Bertolet, Director of Marketing at 804-448-1520.

Virginia Sports Complex
    Phone: 804-448-1520, ext. 309
    Email: [email protected]
    Date: February 28, 2012