1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Veritas - Kernersville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by RedWolves3, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedWolves3

RedWolves3 Junior Member

Has anyone heard the outcome of last night's meeting at Veritas in Kernersville?

Rumors have been flying that the school is having financial difficulties. One of the parents is concerned whether his son will have a baseball season and whether to consider transferring back to public school. High school exams begin next week.

2. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

All the schools around this one public wise are steeep in quality baseball Glenn West North East you can t go wrong going to any of them!

3. PrepsBooster

PrepsBooster Junior Member

Veritas

Word has it that the teachers are quitting because they haven't been paid since September. As a result, the seniors can't get the neccessary credits to graduate. I heard that their two top baseball players have already made plans to leave for public schools...Mark Nales to Morehead and Logan Self to Southwest Guilford.

4. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Morehead HUGEEEEEEe mistake!

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow, if this is true...what a gut shot. After reading for months about this academy on TBR, it's hard to believe that the financial aspects is what may bring it down. I hope this is not the case. It certanly will affect many familes

6. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Amazing how philanthropy ends when the economy and stock markets tank. I would chalk this up as one of those "if it sounds too good to be true..." well you know the rest.

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Will this allow them to play. These classes should show as incomplete. Will this effect them as far as school policy for passing grades and attendance standards? Many unanswered questions are going to pop up. Agree Baseballman sounded to good from the start.

8. sportsmom

sportsmom Full Access Member

From what I can understand....all this is sheer specualtion at this point.

It is my understanding that those on staff are committed and hopeful that the funds will come through for the salaries. They all believe in the purpose and mission of the academy.

Even in the short time of it's existence....there have been some positive results in some of these young mens lives...not just as athletes, but as becoming better young men. :medal:

As of Wednesday....the SW baseball program knew of no 'incoming' players from Veritas....although someone had called and said they heard the school was closing and all the players were headed to SW :58: ...I wonder where all the rumors come from...because at this point...that's all they are.

I have no idea what will or will not happen but I personally believe we should hope for the best for these young men and their families. :smiley2:

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

I would hate to be

sitting there at this point and time in the school year hoping that everything turns out ok. The mere fact that something is up in the air is a serious concern to say the least. What happens if it doesnt fold now but halfway through this semester? That would be even worse. Alot of issues to say the least. To say that this will negatively effect the chances of bringing in new athletes for next year even if they do not fold is an understatement for sure. I hope it works out for the best of all the kids.

10. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

If this were to happen, Mark Nales lives near the Morehead area, or did when we knew him. Great kid.

Self lived in the NW Guilford district the past few years but he may have moved.

Hopefully all this is a moot point. The school has a good purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.