1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today at Louisville...

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by scal, Apr 21, 2010.

1. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

I really hate to hear that. She is a great girl and a lot of talent. I do remember her coming back last year to pitch at the end of the season. I said than i thought she was coming back to soon. I think she came back in like in like 4 months after surgery. For an ACL repair 6 months is usually the very minimum with 8 being even better. I just wonder now if that had anything to do with it being re-injuried. Hope she can get it fixed and have a good long college career. Good luck to a great competitor

2. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

You could make the case that Chelsea was the most talented kid to play FP in the state during the window when we were involved in travel ball. It is such a hard and difficult road anyway and to have this happen for a second time... sorry... but this just major bums me.

Get well soon Chelsea...

3. cmmguy

cmmguy *

Me too.

4. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I agree with you there. Four months is definitely too soon; especially with her strength and explosiveness. I'll bet if her orthopedic had ever seen her pitch she would never have been allowed to come back that soon.

I wish the best for her, she's definitely one of the best!

5. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

coming back early???

I have have had 3 scopes on the left knee, I have no left ACL to repair. I know about knee surgery. The only thing I have on this is that she may have come back in 4 mos. to pitch for CD and she pitched in 4 or 5 games in post season. After HS did she do any rehab weight training on the knee? Did she do any at Louisville? If between DEC 08 surgery time and this past weeks re-injury, total of 16 mos there were no visible after-effects in her run, jump left/right back forth all the above things. Yes 8 mos is even better for rehab. In her pitching move she did nothing different than before or she catches an turns to throw. This could be the AOG type of things that just happens. Believe me I know. Now comes the hard part, 2nd time around. The 1st is always the easier ones to over come, even if its full ACL type surgery. Wish her the best.....

6. scal

scal Full Access Member

Female ligaments are so much thinner than males. They can't take the stress which is my their so much more prone to injury.

Sorry to be on the soap box, but if our experience helps keep one more kid from tearing an ACL (or revision) then it's worth it.

God Bless her. Never met the kid but wish her nothing but the best. It's a long freaking road back!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  7. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

??

I don't think we need to be second guessing Chelsea's rehab. In fact, I've seen nothing here that absolutely verifies she has a second ACL tear. Technically, schools are not at liberty to release that info due to HIPAA rules. The good news is that if she does need a second surgery there's no reason that she shouldn't be able to get back on the field if she chooses. As a freshman she can redshirt next season and have three more years of eligibility.

8. central-d

Why?

9. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I hope she doesn't have an acl tear! But if she does there is plenty of time between now and next season to have surgery and rehab. Maybe they can put a stronger ligament this time.

If her rehab was cut short and it had an effect on her by all means this is something to discuss for the benefit of someone else who may read this. Definitely was not meant to be second-guessing a professional.

10. central-d