1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today at Louisville...

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by scal, Apr 21, 2010.

1. scal

scal Full Access Member

My DD and I were watching the U of L / Syracuse DH on EPSNU when the girl from ND, Chelsea Leonard, went down with the knee again in the second game. We were wondering if anyone out west had an update on how she was doing?

Always good to see players from NC out there but we hated to see them on that knee.

2. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

.....I too watched Chelsea and am proud to see her on TV.
    She is one of our best for sure.
    I saw her throw 58, 58, 59, 58, 60 mph in the first inning and I'm curious why she didn't throw any harder or bring her classic offspeed pitch that decimated some of my teams over the years.

I only saw the first inning so I have no idea how she did from there on or about the knee gig.
    She's a great kid.
    Marlin

3. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

No

Hate to hear Chelsea hurt again! Fishman as you know some colleges change a power pitcher into more of a drop ball/curve and movement pitcher. All want power but consider 65 and over as power. Chelsea could throw 65 and over at times for sure but had wicked control and movement as well. Hope she is OK and that I can see her play again soon. I do not have ESPN anymore!

4. CDFAN

CDFAN Member

Chelsea talked to my dd last night and she feels she tore her ACL again.

5. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

louisville news paper

This was in the newspaper in Louisville......

In the second game, Wadwell (15-9) won after relieving injured starter Chelsea Leonard with one out in the first. Wadwell fanned 11, striking out the side in the seventh after the Orange (23-19, 7-7 Big East Conference) had scored twice.

According to box score Leonard pitched to the 1st batter in the 1st inning and recorded a line-drive put-out, the injury happened after the put-out......

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  6. scal

scal Full Access Member

From what we could tell when she got the LD on the mound and went to plant to throw to first her knee buckled. After some tense moments and some walking around the mound, etc., she went to throw again and the knee buckled again on her push-off.

She left the game and ESPN showed the Louisville trainer pulling on her leg in the dugout to check and see if it was in fact her ACL. It didn't look good. Wish her the best.....hate to see that.

7. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

I sincerely hope this is not the case.

8. curverise

curverise Full Access Member

Louisville

I watched it on ESPNU and it hurt to watch. I saw the offspeed once and it was wicked. I hope she recovers completely.:singer:

9. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

ACL injury was confirmed today. (Chelsea played for CD not ND).

10. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

WOW!, I hate hearing this news!

Chelsea is a fine young lady and ranks as high on the talent level list as any of our players. No she never played for a team that I coached but I consider her one of OUR players, as many others of ya'll do as well.
    Best of luck and wish you the best in recovery CL Pal.

Fishdaddy