1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's sons 2011 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Let's use this thread to post updates about your son. We like to follow every member's son and their accomplishment. It doesn't matter if he is the "star" or a non-starter; when he has a good game post it in here. We want to celebrate with you.

I congratulate Baseballnut's son for going 2-3 and one walk for Wingate the other day...Awesome!!!!!

Brag, cry or scream...we want to hear!

2. propnfool

propnfool Member

Freshman at The Abbey

My son is at Belmont Abbey some of you know him, he is Cody Stull LHP from Matthews.
    He is their Sunday or game 3 starter. His 1st 2 starts over Georgetown Ky and Young Harris ended in 2 wins this past week. He has struck out 10 in 12 innings and has given up only 2 Earned Runs.
    Belmont Abbey is a team to watch in Conference Carolinas this season. They will make a run at Mt. Olive this season and next with the talent they have!! 2-0 is more then I could have asked for and makes me a VERY proud papa :biggrina:

3. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Yay!! We'll still matter!!! :)

4. Braves

:trampoline::trampoline::trampoline:Go get 'em Cody...love to see you have Joey Frabisile too...ex-Statesville Owl!!!

5. Braves

Of course you will. Man, I gotta know how Jack is doing----and the real story, not the newspaper reporting.

6. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Can't I just tell the one that is the most favorable? :)
    :singer:

7. namkrad

namkrad Member

My son Nick Mauldin (ALL9 on here) started his first game behind the plate for GTCC on Sunday. He had an RBI single to left in his first AB. Then he slid in hard into 2nd base to break up the DP, causing the SS to come off the bag before he caught the ball, so he was safe as well. Then he scored from 2nd on a base hit to right-center. All hustle plays (my favorite).

He caught for 3 innings (no passed balls) before having to leave the game after spraining his ankle pretty bad chasing down a foul pop up. Considering that a sprained thumb ruined his Jr year at high school, a broken wrist ruined his Sr year, I'm not shocked that he was injured. Luckily nothing major this time though.

All in all I'm proud that my son is a college baseball player and that I was there to see his first action. Hopefully he stays healthy and has many more chances. He even got the ball from his first hit!

8. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

UNC-P Baseball

Unc-p baseball has tied their record for best season starts at 8-0 after an extra inning win over Phieffer today. They are currently ranked in the top 20 for D-II programs. My son is a freshman on the team and will probably be reshirting this year, but even though he may not see the field this year, I am very proud of the work he has put in on the field, in the classroom and the young man he has become. Thanks for the thread allowing us old guys to express this, as I dont tell my son as often as I should!:hurray:

9. Braves

I'm going to love this thread

10. baseballnut

baseballnut Full Access Member

Ryan Weese, pitched 6 strong innings last night for Lenior Rhyne vs Wingate. It was his first varsity start and left the game with a 5-2 lead. Ryan did a great job of keeping hitters off balance and effectively hitting his spots. Unfortunately for him he didn't get a decision, as Wingate scored late after Ryan had left the game and won.