1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Games

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softballrocks2, May 4, 2009.

1. softballrocks2

softballrocks2 Banned From TBR

Just wondering when the names will come out for the State Games ??

Sb2:invasion:

2. crowe10

crowe10 Full Access Member

Region 6 is supposed to be notified this week.

3. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

NO COMMUNICATION

Just wandering if anyone knows anything about state games? tryouts were a couple of weeks ago, we haven't heard anything about cuts, or anything, Parents need to know for arrangements as well as the players.....last year we knew by now........POP can you help? Is each region going to contact us or will it be posted on the games website? Why is it taking so long, more tryouts?

thanks

4. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Notifications

Well, most all of the Regions and the Seniors have completed the try-outs. Region 1 has one try-out date to go and Region 8 will have their first one on May 10th. We are pretty spread out on the subject. I will ask the State Games office to post the official rosters on their website. This is not something they normally do, but chose to do it for us last year. I will ask them to do it again. If they are not willing to do that, I will have all the rosters sent to me and we will post on the NCSCA website. I believe it is the responsibility of all the Head coaches to notify those who were chosen for the team and also those who were not. To me, that is the way things should be done. I know that all in Region 6 have been notified one way or the other. Let me check with the State Games office on this matter.

Pop

5. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

thanks POP,

I don't have a problem with that, just lack of communication, coaches need to let us know so we can plan something else if we don't make the cut......I like the whole situation of the games, it just seems like no one knows who has made the cuts. I know the deadline was extended for as many players to try out as possible, think that's great just would like a little info...........thanks for your help!

6. bhhs2010

bhhs2010 Junior Member

Tryouts

Hey Pop,

Is it too late to register for region 8 since they haven't had tryouts?

7. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Region 3

After the tryouts for region 3 concluded Saturday, the girls were told the 15 that made it would be notified sometime this week.

I agree with Pop. I think they should let all of the girls know one way or another. After all, they took the time to tryout for the coach. Kind of stinks to leave them dangling waiting on a phone call that may never come. Would also be nice for the girls that didn't make it if they offered some advice on things for the girls to work on that might help them make the team the next year.

8. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Region 8

Registration is still open for players in Region 8 who would like to try-out for the Games. Their first try-out session is this weekend and the coaches will get their final list on Friday. If you plan to try-out in Region 8, you need to register with the State Games by Friday morning. I agree with all of you about letting the young ladies know about the try-outs. I will try to contact the Head coaches in each Region and see about getting this done. I agree that letting all of them know one way or the other is the right thing to do. Bear with us, we are still trying to work out all the kinks of putting on this major event. There are a lot of people involved in this undertaking and we are still learning on the run. We are making progress in a lot of areas, this is one that I agree needs to be improved on this year if possible and definitely in the future. One other thing to consider with these coaches, me included, we are all at the crunch time of our High School seasons and all our efforts are not focused on the Games. I am not making an excuse because I agree with letting these girls know, just try to understand that there is a whole lot on our plates during this time.

Eddie "Pop" Rivers
    President/NCSCA

9. fairplay

fairplay Junior Member

I agree with JavelinCatcher about the Region 3 Tryouts. Daughter attended both tryouts dates with beautiful weather on both Saturdays. No rain date listed or needed. Daughter overheard some Travel Players at the tryouts talking about 4 or 5 Travel Players were going to be put on the team that did not attend any of the tryouts!

The tryout dates were clearly listed in advance. This is not fair for the girls who dedicated thier time and gas money to come to the 2 weeks of tryouts. Some only came to 1 of the tryouts and I can live with that. With 2 dates to choose from there is no excuse not to have been present at 1.

Anyone who did not come to 1 of the 2 tryouts should not be allowed to play. Coaches need to put the girls first, be honest when running a tryout, give the players that attended the respect of a phone call with feedback, not leave them dangling trying to figure out how they matched up against the other players. When in reality they never saw the girls they were battling for a spot with.

Being sneaky and just trying to recruit and load up a team for the coaches glory is sending the wrong message to our players!!!.

10. scal

scal Full Access Member

Load up a team, daddy ball, add a super star, kick another player when they are down, any number of things. It's not how you play the game, it's winning that counts. Welcome to softball.

Last edited: May 6, 2009