1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

State Games effect on recruiting?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by whammer31, Jun 10, 2012.

1. whammer31

whammer31 Junior Member

Does anyone have a feel on much or little the upcoming State Games can have on recruiting? We have avoided the showcase route and focused on camps. The State Games next week is really the start of camp season. What can we expect?

2. jumpstart

jumpstart Member

This may seem obvious, but events, teams, coaches or parents don't have an impact on recruiting. Colleges and Pro Scouts discount the above and if your kid can play, they will find him (anywhere). If he's a tweener (sp) i.e., someone who doesn't stand out, then the athlete, not the parent needs to get aggressive and pick up the phone and call coaches. Not text, but dial and talk. That conversation will lead to a "next step" and they find time to see him and then will determine if the kid can play.

3. east

east Full Access Member

You have to play showcase to be recruited

4. whammer31

whammer31 Junior Member

I don't think so on the showcase thing. My son has been contacted by a number of schools from ACC to D2. You may get more exposure but I think if you can play there is a way. For us it was attending camps. But if you think it is the only way and you have the funds, by all means do it. I was only thinking that is wasn't the ONLY way.

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

East,

I really hope you where being sarcastic