1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Softball Lessons

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by plharrington, Jun 2, 2016.

1. plharrington

plharrington Junior Member

My name is Padgett Harrington and I'm a retired student-athlete. I played four years of varsity softball at Northwood High School. I went on to play Division I softball at Presbyterian College in the Big South Conference. I graduated last year and I've returned home (Apex, NC) to work and save up money for grad school. I'm doing lessons to help me do that and to give back to the sport and help as many girls as I can achieve their goals with the sport. I believe in developing the athletic and mental skills of each player as an individual. While there are certain checkpoints of a swing that you want to reach for constistency and full use of power, every player is different. Therefore, my goal is to teach the game and help them grow as athletes and people. I have done lessons for a little over a year and I've worked with ages ranging from 7-18 and experience ranging from none to varsity/travel ball level. I use Base Hits Indoor Batting Cages (Pittsboro, NC) so I can do lessons rain or shine. I was a first baseman who also took on the role of DH and pinch hitter so I do not know how to teach slapping. I was never what one would call "fast" and lived by my dad's philosophy of "hit far, run slow."

If you're interested please email me at: [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016