1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Softball Factory- thoughts or information anyone has....

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FPx3, Sep 9, 2014.

1. FPx3

FPx3 Junior Member

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the "Softball Factory". Received mailing on them and an upcoming event... is it worth the money/time?

2. tarheelmm

tarheelmm Full Access Member

Thousands of girls received the same mailing. I do not have any experience though. My thought is that it is just like any other camp?

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

I have heard the same, lot of hype, didn't have the coaches as promised....sounds like some around here......support your local camps and clinics, most organizations or colleges could use the money.

4. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Softball factory

I have worked for them as coach and scout at camps over the past 5 years...

I have worked events from Florida to New England. These events are individual assessment camps. You get measured against a stop watch or radar gun. My experience is that neither the stop watch or radar gun lies.

I have hosted these events for the last 2 years in Raleigh and will host another this coming October on Sunday 10/19/2014

You will be evaluated by professional coaches and scouts. Daddy won't get a vote

Over the years, these are some of the people I have worked with while doing these events for the softball factory.

Dot Richardson
    Katie Cochran
    Francesca Enea
    Lee Anne Jarvis
    Veronica Wootson-Ross
    Leigh Anne Genetti
    Ken Eriksen

as well as regional college coaches and assistants.

This is an individual showcase event. Your measurements will be assessed against a matrix that should get you an idea where you are in relationship
    to other athletes your age.

There are no games, you leave with a PROFESSIONAL EVALUATION of
    what your skill level is....based on these coaches opinions.

No smoke and mirrors....radar guns and stop watches......

PM me if you have questions...

5. cheeze105

well, have been corrected by someone who knows......if you want an unbiased evaluation of your dd's skills, this is the place to go...

6. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Thanks Ed..... You will get an accurate assessment....
    based on USA Softball standards from their coaching pool.

It will tell you where you are..You may just not like it.............

I have attached what the scouts use as grading points

Attached Files:

7. cheeze105

the guy I talked to prolly didn't like what he was told, possible, but I'd rather know the truth than the bull s**t handed out by others just to get my hard earned dollar.....just sayin

8. AtlUmpSteve

AtlUmpSteve Junior Member

Disclaimer: I work Softball Factory tournaments in Savannah, and consider their tournament coordinator a personal friend. I also work showcases in Atlanta area, Rock Hill and Raleigh, ESPN WWOS, and Las Vegas every year.

That said, it always raises the hair on my neck when teams/parents/coaches post that a tournament didn't have college coaches as promised. College coaches show up when YOU generate their interest by contacting them and telling them where you will be playing. The tournament provides the venue, the opportunity; YOU are responsible to get coaches to attend.

I see two trends that make process this more difficult and disturbing. The first is thinking that the tournament needs to get the coaches there to see your player. Wrong. The tournament does need to accommodate the coaches appropriately once they are there. If you think you just sign up and show up to be discovered, guess again.

The second is the trend away from "paying it back". The already committed/verballed/signed players will always generate their coaches to see their progress, and to assure the player of their continued interest. And it has been universally expected that these players would come and play with their team, and that benefitted all the uncommitted players who might catch the eye of the coach there to watch someone else. Well, too many such committed players don't bother to play and help their teammates because they already got their deal. And/or their team coaches don't use them to help showcase the younger players.

All that said, Softball Factory provides a good venue and a good opportunity for the teams and the coaches. They have a hospitality tent for the coaches, and shuttle them to remote sites from the main complex. If someone didn't do their job to generate interest with college coaches, that isn't Softball Factory's fault.