1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Showcase Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Who's on First, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Who's on First

Who's on First Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of the showcase teams websites. ie. Carolina Cubs, OnDeck, etc.

Thanks

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

3. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

4. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Full Access Member

Prep Stars

John Ackley- Prep Stars Director
    First, you must realize that John Ackley is truly a baseball gem. He doesn't mince words, but can quickly establish confidence and trust from his players and their parents. He was looking for the right opportunity to give back to baseball his experience and knowledge of the game. When he was approached to start Prep Stars, he looked at the people that would be involved with the program...and jumped at the opportunity.

John could care less about the financial end of this program. He just wants to help in anyway a young player (especially one that has gone unnoticed) to get proper instructions and to develop better as a player and a person.

He also has two boys ( Jordan @ Lenoir Rhyne and Dustin , North Forsyth and UNC) that have been through the recruiting process and in Dusty's case, he is continuing that process with MLB.

The baseball training that will be available with the Prep Stars program and the strength and conditioning with Carmine Pagano (one of the top 2 in the State) will make this a program that anyone would like to be affiliated with. I hope everyone at TBR will join me in making John Ackley feel welcomed here:

John, can you give us a little background of your baseball experience?

1. I was a third round pick in the 1979 draft by the boston Red Sox; played seven years in their organization, making it to triple-A; got into coaching at the little league level with my children; took over the 13U Kernersville Cardinals AAU baseball team in 2001 and won a National Championship; was also an assistant coach of the 2003 15U AAU Greensboro Batting Center National Championship team.

What is your mission at Prep Stars?

2. Prep Stars Baseball is an organization we started to help high school players fulfill their dreams of playing college baseball.

Why did you get invoved?

3. I got involved with Prep Stars because it has been a dream of mine to work with young athletes on a full time basis since I left pro ball in 1985.

How will your program be different then...say...Impact Baseball?

4. We will offer more on the instructional side of the game and also on strength and conditioning, but will also provide some of the same as far as showcases and travel teams. We also plan to hold camps for kids of all ages.

What is another area you feel you can help a family with?

5. After having gone through the recruiting process with my two sons, I feel I have learned some things that I can pass on to players and their parents.

Thanks John for taking the time from your busy schedule to introduce yourself to the board. We are here to help you in any way to get your program started.

I can only give feedback about people or programs that I know. John Ackley is one of those people that are doing this for the right reasons. He is honest as the day is long...he cares...he has experience...and he is a good man. That's about as good as anyone can say about a person...and John Ackley is that person

http://eteamz.active.com/prepstarsbaseball/index.cfm?