1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

scum of the earth

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 98Dad

98Dad Junior Member

So what was the point of the original post? If this in fact happened, why not call this team out to protect other girls considering this team? I thought the good guys on TBR are here for the best interests of the girls and softball.. If you are not interested in calling this team out, why not pm this person with your feelings rather than posting it for the world to see?

2. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

98Dad has a point.. Everybody else should know who this is to protect their daughters.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

look, the intent of this thread was to ask why a parent would allow their daughter to play for a guy like this or an organization that would allow this to happen and continue to happen....my understanding is a potential law suit is being considered, so no names.....but almost everyone on here knows who it is.....my advice to many has always been the same.....when you figure out that the people you're playing for care more about themselves or the money they raise....time to move on. if not, things like this happen and happen a lot

4. PGF NC

PGF NC Banned From TBR

I really hate to hear that things like this happen in our sport. There is a lot of enticement happening right now with several programs throughout the country offering players travel expenses, no player fees but I've never known any travel coaches having the power to black ball players with college coaches.
    Our LLG program always gives players an opt out period to let them decide if they want to return. We like for our committed players to stay but if they choose not to , that's their call.
    why would you want a player to play with you thats not happy in your program.
    Let's keep it about the kids.

Coach John
    Lady Lightning Gold
    Team Miken

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  5. cheeze105

was waiting for this......

6. PGF NC

PGF NC Banned From TBR

We cheese I never want to dissapoint you.

7. cheeze105

and you never have John, any chance for self embellishment or self promotion never gets past you, even if it doesn't pertain a bit to the subject at hand.

so, since you chimed in and have an established organization, lets ask you.....

pretend, for the sake of discussion, that you have a pitcher committed to, say tech......she doesn't want to play for the organization you lead......your head coach tells her that if she doesn't play, he will mess with her scholarship.....how, pray tell, how would you handle that mess, if it was a real event?????

8. PGF NC

PGF NC Banned From TBR

Well Cheese I can't see anywhere in my post that self premotes me or our program and I believe I spoke on the subject that you started.
    But the biggest reason I even responded is to defend my program, as you basically could have been referring to any travel ball coach. I honestly think all travel coaches should defend themselves on this subject.

I also gave you incite to how LLG operates. We don't want any players that don't want to play for us. And if one of our coaches threatened a player as you say that one did, we would ask them to leave the program and I personally would contact the college coach to clear things.

This environment is tough but all coaches are aware that kids and parents control where they play year to year. So if you aren't providing a good environment, schedule or quality skill enhancements for players to get ready for college then you going to loose a kid to a program that can offer those things.

With that being said maybe you should call me, I think we should talk .

9. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

Well, I dont know who this person or org is who we are talking about. But, I do know a coach who would do this.... And your right Cheeze he is scum if this happen. I have coached travel ball like many others on here and Never made it about me. I done it for my daughter and her team. You dont like it LEAVE.. Period.... No hard feelings.. If I was running a org and a coach of mine done that his ass would be Gone!!:seeya::seeya:

10. cheeze105

John, you answered my question.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.