1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Providence panthers or south charlotte panthers? I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by Kellsthatkid, May 20, 2014.

1. Kellsthatkid

Kellsthatkid Junior Member

I'm not sure why my post was removed yesterday ....it's a perfectly legitimate concern when an entire varsity high school team also plays on a summer team with the same coach and players from that summer team show up each year on his high school team and wins each year...good coaching or good recruiting? What are others opinions?

2. CKegley

CKegley Junior Member

I thought there were rules against that scenario. You may wish to look at the governing body's rules and regulations.

Sent using Tapatalk

3. lovethegamenc

lovethegamenc Junior Member

I did not anything with the thread that in my opinion violated any rules and regulations. The poster had a question about the S. Charlotte Panthers and the HS, I've seen a lot worse when it came to attacking the Dirtbags. The organizations can put whoever they want on their teams in my opinion, but the poster appears to have just asked a simple question. Don't know why is was removed, everyone has the right to agree or disagree with the topic.

4. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Dude, I am about 99% certain the reference to rules and governing was meant about the NCHSAA, the body over HS athletics, not this board.
    [But I may be wrong. CKegley, just clarify if I am in error and my apologies will begin.]

LTGNC, it appears you are just looking for fights over showcase (now seemingly, pointedly Dirtbags) baseball.

Second post in as many days that you seemingly did not understand and went after someone. (I was the first but am OK with it - pretty thick skin.)

Either way, as before (with your other misunderstood attack post in answer to my "unnecessary" comment against myself) don't worry about an apology if I am right...

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. CKegley

CKegley Junior Member

That's correct. I should have been more clear, my apologies. I recall an instance where a Meck County HS coach was prohibited from being on the field during off-season tournaments for a certain period of time so as to not be in violation with HS rules. That was his comment, and I didn't review the rules to verify. I do not see any reason he would make that up though, as he wasn't able to coach the team he had assembled on that day. It was late fall.

6. CKegley

CKegley Junior Member

Sorry, I was referring to HS rules, not the boards.

7. lovethegamenc

lovethegamenc Junior Member

Yes, I thought he was talking about the rules on this site and not the NCHSAA, my mistake.
    Catcoach, Let me decide what to post, I don't think I need your permission.
    I should have put Evoshield Canes on here too, because they sometimes get attacked on here, I guess I will just use Showcase teams instead of just naming particular teams. I have no affiliation to any Showcase teams any longer, my child is in college, but I still like to comment.
    I just noticed your email in my box about another post, so I will just say my post was fair and equal toward good/bad parents and good/bad HS Coaches.

I did not take any sides just spoke my opinion about some parents cannot see how good/bad their kids are and that there are good/bad HS Coaches.

I was not speaking directly to you or any coach on here that I know of, however you must feel guilty to have sent me a private email accusing me of pointing you out, when I did not.

Catcoach, from you posts on here, you are the one that normally calls people out or rants on and on about things that you don't agree with and there is nothing wrong with that, but others can post their opinions too.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  8. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Well, I thought my private message to you was that, private... but since you mention it, as I said in it, privately, would you care to share your name and we possibly speak - privately, by email or phone - so that maybe I can see your side better and possibly mend fences?

Again, as I said privately, my email is [email protected]
    Feel free to get in touch and maybe we can get to know each other better, as I have with others that I have disagreed with on this board in the past - uh, privately. Or we can just continue to spar with each other out in the open. I was just tired of going back to my corner after every round and having Mick cut me...

Until then and beyond, by all means post til your heart's content.