1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Playing Time, who gets it??????

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Crazecoach, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Cheeze For "Moderator Of The Month"

Cheeze you always have a complete explanation of your opinion..you the MAN !!!....Hey maybe we ought to have a TBR gathering....let me rethink that I much get punched or something by some postal thread poster...LOL

:2guns: ---Get The Guru----:comp1: --------- I Give Up------:surrender:

2. gazelle

gazelle Junior Member

You hit the nail on the head!! We as coaches have a far bigger role than just wins and loses! I believe it is our responsibility to teach accountability! If for example we let kids play that don't come to practice - what have we taught them? Certainly not a life lesson! Do you think an employer will let them miss work because they had to "get their nails done"? I hope we (hs coaches) never lose sight of what our ultimate job should be, which is to prepare these young people for life! Teaching accountability and responsibility will always be my first goal as a coach!

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Let Me Clear Up My Comment !!!

I'm not saying miss practicing with the team on a continual bases, but I just don't think if a kid misses a practice it's the end of the world...and I'm talking about sickness or something of that nature not just because she didn't feel like coming !!!

:patriot:

4. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Thats why we and others have excused and unexcused absences.