1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Observer's SWEET 16 returns after 4 years absence

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 12to6, Feb 28, 2006.

1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

2. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

GREAT TO SEE IT!!!!

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

We're ranked to high - Just saying that before everyone of the sanbaggers say's it.

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

I like our ranking.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Looks like a good list, I'm actually impressed with the Observer folks in recognizing some of the upcoming good teams, especially this early in the year. Someone did their homework.

On a side note, talk about a brutal schedule, we have 8 of those teams on our schedule,,,, in fact we play 5 of the top 7 according to that specific ranking...... :suicide:

Also, I noticed that Myers Park isn't mentioned on that list. I've already had an opportunity to see MP once, and I have a feeling they're going to make some serious noise before the year is out. They really impressed.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  5. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

TJ21,

Myers Park is just one of the teams. There are going to be a lot of "sleepers" in the SW4A conference....South Meck might have a hard time surviving it......

6. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

GOSH, we have a late strong contender for the Sandbagger of the year - No let me correct that Sandbagger of the Century.:229031_ha

Rumor has it that South Meck played rather well in a scrimmage against one of the teams already. Almost had the scoreboard tip over because of the number of "Whatever it is SoutherNo1 doesn't like" oh yeah runs vs a whole lot fewer.

Quick everybody grab your shovels........Dbacks20 has got the ball rolling.:trophy: :trophy:

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep..I agree with Dbacks. I think SM will be a sleeper this year. Sure...they have some pretty good pitching...so....they have some pretty good bats returning....yes....they have some talented players moving up from a talented JV team...yeah...there will be some motivation from the players to have Coach Bagwell go out a winner....but, they may sneak up on some teams

8. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

As you guys can see....I am learning from the "Master".......:229031_ha

9. blademan

blademan Full Access Member

I'm glad to see it. I wish the observer would put as much emphasis on HS baseball as football or basketball. I've never understood why baseball coverage is slim to none, even at the college level. I for one would much rather read about not only my son but everyone elses as well at the local level than to read about pro anything.

10. spartan15

spartan15 Junior Member

Prov and Butler

I think Prov should be right behind South. Their pitching is great and the hitting and "D" is one of the best in the SW4A. Another team that I think could go places is Butler. Last year was not so good for them, but they return all most all their players. Pitching, hitting and feilding are all pluses for this team, but their neame of the game is speed. Keep an eye out for Butler to pop up in the polls soon