1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Week 5 Schedule...

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bigdan, Jan 18, 2009.

1. govtbball25

govtbball25 Junior Member

any update on east burke and freedom score?

2. ebhs1977

ebhs1977 Full Access Member

freedom 64
    EB 37

3. watwatwat

watwatwat Junior Member

Not trying to start anything, Im just bringing up some points... Newell has outplayed Shuffler twice scoring 33 both times and Watauga has two wins to show for it. Newell outplayed Hargrave in the Win at Alexander and it seemed to be pretty evenly matched in the game at Watauga but on Individual performance I think I would give that game to Newell. So Newell has gotten his team a win 3 out of the 4 times those three guys have matched up. Like I said Im not bad mouthing Shuffler or Hargrave because they are both great players but I think that stats wise the nod should go to Newell

4. Catman

Catman Member

POY

Acording to the newspaper Newell scored 22 at AC and Hargrave had 19, I am not sure that can be considered outplayed. Hargrave also had 15 rebounds to Newell's 7 and Hargrave also had 6 assist. I agree, lets not start anything. Of all the players mentioned Hargrave contributes the most to his team in all categories and with less of a supporting cast.

5. govtbball25

newell should be POY because the pioneers are the most improved team and are ranked 3rd

6. dribbles

dribbles Full Access Member

I have to say that is some odd logic,
    kincaid -FHS- is best player on the best team and his numbers are right there with others and he has 2 other kids on his team that avg double digits. You don't think he could put up 30 every night if needed or if he was playin for WAT.? , other than the time durin his injury-what more could he have done?

7. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

You could also throw Avery from FHS into the mix

He is averaging around 18 and 11
    in all but the game at ACHS he has out played the 3 other post guys in the disscussion for POY

8. govtbball25

see thats the thing, dribbles. freedom can still win without kincaid. watauga needs newell more than freedom needs kincaid. newell has a bigger role in a very good teams success, so he should be poy. his numbers are like 24 ppg & 12 rbs.

9. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I don't know if I would totally agree with that statement. I do agree that Newell is a much larger offensive producer for Watauga, but if Freedom didn't have Kincaid...then players like Sam Ford and others would have different roles on the floor in terms of what position they would play..that would greatly affect them. Meanwhile Newell, being a forward, if you took him off Watauga, I don't think think there would be as much of an effect on the others and where they play on the floor.

In a more simple term, it's easier to take out a forward and plug in another forward while taking out a good point guard may require 2 others to also change position.

10. Catman

Catman Member

End of Season Awards

Ok the NW4A coaches meeting was yesterday, the votes are in and this is already settled. Does any one know how it turned out? What are the NW4A tournament match-ups. What are the potential match-ups for the first round of the state tournament?