1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Preview

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by newcoach42, Nov 13, 2008.

1. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

What is everyone expecting out of the NW4A? predictions?

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

also would like to hear something on the northwestern 4a

3. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Don't know a lot about the teams this year. As for SC. the pitching will be ok just not what we have had in the past. Penny should do well hopefully a couple more can step up and help here. I think Poarch got through football fairly healthy so now he can start working on his pitching. Offensively we will be way down on the power side of the game. Don't think we will be the clearcut favorite this year like in the past. gonna have to work hard to win the conference this year. Don't get me wrong SC will still be the team the others have to beat to win the title but this year I don't see us be invinceable by any means but as long as Parham is coaching here we won't be "bad"

4. anotherspartanfan

anotherspartanfan Full Access Member

Come on now Reporter you got to have a little more faith than that!! I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

5. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

I think

people are hoping they will drop off. But do not be surprised if its the same old story. I expect them to be very good. And alot better than some people are hoping they will be.

6. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

Freedom will face another rebuilding year. They lose Washington to Patton but I think there are more coming out. Not any played legion ball. East Burke should continue where they left off.. They lose Chiz, Icard, and Kinley but still have Rhoney,who I hope plays legion this summer and get a new coach in Swink who is in the legion hall of fame. McDowell our other legion feeder lost their 2 best pitchers but had a young squad otherwise. They could be sneaky good. Rest I dont know much about.

7. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Oh I have plenty of faith. I said the same thing about the offense before the start of last year and we all know how wrong I was then!! Prob be the same this year.

8. BallWatcher

BallWatcher Member

No Watauga fans? Adam Church who batted over .500 in conference last year with 5 homeruns and a .618 slugging percentage! coming back not to mention he was second runner up for POY. Trey Lowder all conference honorable mention with 4 homeruns and batted over .341 and 25 RBIs. All Conference CF Baine Martin batted .310 OBP .408 and was 9-10 stealing. Cal Hardee all conference shortstop batted .310 as a sophomore and had a gamewinning hit off of Jimmy Messer. Jake Wallace who sat out half of the season after batting over .400 with 4 homeruns his sophomore year due to injury, but when he came back at the end of the season he added in 3 homeruns including gamewinners in the playoffs at Easy Forsyth and at Alexander Central. Then your only question would have to be pitching which is quickly answered by the hard throwing Jon Sharpe. He went 7-1 last year with a 2.88 ERA with 71 strikeouts to 21 walks. He has been clocked as high as 90 with an upper 70's curveball. Also a lot of movement. Sorry I guess I felt like due to the facts and stats Watauga should also be mentioned as a contender.

9. baseball1623

baseball1623 Junior Member

McDowell might have lost two good pitchers but they had a third that didn't get any looks because of them two. Josh Thompson was 2-2 if Im thinking correctly and he throw complete games in all of them. They also have a kid named Joey duncan coming up from j.v that was great last year. he is hitting high 80's. For hitting they have a 4 year varsity player that has hit in the .300 range every year and two three year players that hit the ball well, so best of luck to them and eveyone else

10. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Jason Harris-Alexander Central

The Cougars have a new coach. I believe they are still in the NW4A but who knows. Whatever conference they are in, the school has a great baseball tradition. Coach Harris is a fine coach that knows the game. (Should have gotten the L/R job). It will be interesting to see how ACHS does under his leadership. Coach Harris is fiery in the good way. He relates well with players. He will teach them the game the way it should be taught. He will make sure they develop as ballplayers and more improtantly as young men.
    Not sure what Coach Comer had coming back but there is usually pretty good baseball in Taylorsville.
    Best of luck to Coach Harris.