1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A MID-SEASON AWARDS

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Catman, Jan 10, 2009.

1. WilkesCentral

WilkesCentral Member

Yes, AC has a very good team, why are they not playing well up to date?

2. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

AC did not play well against fredom def. other than maybe a hickory game it was the worst preformance all year..but if you look at it the ford kid hit 8 3's the chances of that happening again are slim not to mention it was at freedom and freedom is very good...i thnk we mighta been over confident for watugua but there was also a very controversial jump ball call with a few mins left in the game that if wlda been called a fould hargrave woulda been at the line with a chance to tie it...ac rebounded though defeated south pretty easily...their fine just have to bring it against freedom next week...

3. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

52- That was a controversial call and I was shocked they said jump was their final answer.

However that call evened out the call from the end of regulation when they let ACHS call a timeout with 3 seconds left without possesion. That should have been a jump as well.

4. SlamBammer

SlamBammer Junior Member

:rolleyes4:
    Thats a good one Iron Man 8, (2A vs. 4A fans). Ha ha. Almost as good as jge 1968's WC athletes working on cars and chicken factory joke. Nothing like a little humor.

5. WilkesCentral

WilkesCentral Member

It's no joke that 2A fans in this area are better than 4A fans...as for the chicken joke, that might apply to East, North, and West Wilkes High Schools, but Wilkes Central draws from inner-city Wilkesboro, and North Wilkesboro. Very few of our students come from rural areas.

6. uncford

uncford Junior Member

WHS - There were a lot of bad calls - both ways - in that game. But the one you referenced at the end of regulation was not one of them. I was sitting in front of the play in question. Rauscher was calling timeout when Dockery first gained possession on the floor (before Watauga player tied him up). For some reason, ref did not respond (even though Rauscher was standing next to ref) and waited to call timeout until Watauga player tied him up. If that particular call favored anyone, it was Watauga. Had the ref called timeout when Rauscher called it, AC would have had more time to set up a play.

7. Iron Man 8

Iron Man 8 Full Access Member

WilkesCentral / SlamBammer
    -
    In my comment on 2A -vs- 4A I was ref. to PLAY ON THE COURT, not 2A fans vs 4A fans in general. ACHS defeated WC twice this season and I was only trying to pick @ WilkesCentral because he had on another thread made a comment that reference to AC being a 4A school that defeated a 2A school as if to suggest that Little can't defeat Big schools. Only after he had also predicted victory on BOTH occasions for WC. The thread was deleted "I think", really doesn't matter. My favortie 2A team locally is the Eagle of Wilkes County. I do know however the fans from Wilkes CAN get rowdy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  8. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

Half Way point

Ok now that we are really at mid season here are my awards

1) All NW4A
    Kincaid FHS
    Ford FHS
    Hargrave ACHS
    Shuffler EBHS
    Avery FHS

2) POY
    right now gonna half to split btwn Avey and Kincaid

3) COY
    Rogers FHS

4) Who is your best sixth man
    Berry FHS - see game vs. EB

5) Who is your suprize team so far?
    Watauga for sure

6) What was the best team match up you have seen so far?
    EB vs. FHS

7) What was the best player match up you have seen so far?
    Avery vs. Hargrave

8) Who is your best 3 point shooter?
    Ford by a longshot

9) Who is your team that no one should take lightly?
    umm no team should been taken lightly

9. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

If I didn't know better I would say you are kind of partial to Freedom. LOL

10. WilkesCentral

WilkesCentral Member

We try to be loud...

The picture below is the game winning layup we scored in overtime at the buzzer to me #7 Ashe County.

[​IMG]