1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A-Final Week

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by interestedonlooker, Oct 29, 2007.

1. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Well we have the Game Threads, might as well get the picks up.

ACR @ Watauga
    EB @ Freedom
    SC @ Alex. Central

2. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

Reynolds...close game...they win by no more than seven...

EB...in my opinion they are the best team in this conference...they win by at least 21...

Alexander...its senior night in Taylorsville and we all know that taylorsville is a hard place to win in...they cougars are also fighting for another player this week who is at Baptist...look for them to come out ready to take care of business...they win by 21

3. JET - I

JET - I Force B W/U

Week 12 Picks! NW4A

Watauga over ACR:
    It is going to be the game of the year! E-Stein is going to have to have the game of his life on both sides of the ball w/ his teammates stepping up big, but they can WIN this game!..... I think that E-Stein will have a great game simple b/c this is probably the healthest he has been all year, but this is the right time to get healthy (end of the year & playoffs).... Close one, but Watauga prevails....

East Burke over Freedom:
    I feel that it will be close maybe until halftime, but East Burke pulls away late in 3rd stanza to win by 2 or 3 TD's.....Freedom can not stop the running game therefore Freedom's O is to sub - par to have to try and come back from behind!

AC over SC:
    Alexander over South Caldwell in what will be a hard faught game for about 3 quarters b/c of the rivalry, but Russell and Co. will be to strong for SC's D, also if AC keeps the same guys on D as last week and plays just half as good....it want be close! Plus it is senior night at Cougar Stadium and I feel like again Russell and Co. will be playing extra hard Friday night and they will also be playing for #1 (on his back, in our prayers, and in our hearts!) (Great Kid).......

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  4. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

East Burke win 28-10

Alexander beats SC 35-32

Watauga knocks off Reynolds 24-21!!!

5. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

Watauga over ACR: I really think that these two teams are evenly matched when looking at like opponents. Easily this could go either way but I have to go with WHS if we keep them guessing. We won't be able to go EB right and EB left. A few players have been given opportunities and have shown that they can perform. We are hard to stop when we utilize all of our options.

Freedom over EB: I'm going with my heart on this one. Freedom has a good run defense. They are bigger than us on the defensive line so i don't think EB will have their way. Freedom is going to have to get more imaginative on offense. They ran the ball several times on 3rd and long against WHS. By the way, it's FAT FRIDAY. Freedom fans need to show up.

AC over SC: AC's passing game is better than SC's running game. Could go either way but I am going with the home team in this one.

6. oldebfan

oldebfan Full Access Member

NW4A - Final Week

ACR @ Watauga - ACR 28 - Watuaga 14
    ACR has the defense to stop Eric Britenstein liked they did against McDowell. Spencer will get 100+. The difference will be the running of ACR's QB.

EastBurke @ Freedom - EB 30 - Freedom 7 - 2 years ago this same team beat Freedom JV's by 21 points. Shatley is bigger and stonger. Frogge is as good as any running back in the conference. Boughman may be the big difference if East Burke passes any.

SC @ Watauga - SC 14 - ACHS 35 - I think SC will play them close the 1st half but they just don't have the numbers. ACHS will pull away in the second half.

7. breakwater

breakwater Full Access Member

ACR will beat Watauga by 17 Watauga does not have the strength on "O" or "D" to stop ACR. A good running game for Watauga but like the EB game he will be wore down by the middle of the third quarter and will not be affective. Will be a similiar game to the EB vs Watauga game for ACR / though upsets do happen you have talked it all year its put up or shut up
    EB will beat Freedom by 28 The seniors for EB have not beaten Freedom yet and that is burning. With a far better team it will be a good night for the Cavs
    AC will beat South by 14 This will be the closest game this week but AC will score late to secure the win.

8. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

eric does not get worn down he is not even carring the ball half as much as he did last year ,we have some players stepping up and making plays.however eb did stop what we do now that we have a passing game,i wish the coach would have let eric have 25-30 carries against eb.

9. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

Watauga at home in a thriller. Watauga is looking for that win that proves what pioneer fans already know: this team is as good as last year!
    Pioneers defeat the Rockets on senior night, 28-24

East Burke is the superior team this year, and will have a share of the NW4A title along with thier win on Fat Friday by the time the night is over. East over Freedom 35-10

Alexander Central is a pretty good team and if the D can hold they will have another win. Russel passes all over the South D. The Cougars out last the Spartans in Taylorsville 28-17

10. sportsfan66

sportsfan66 Junior Member

Watauga wins:
    Watauga has a very balanced Offense (now), and a good O-line. This will give ACR trouble all night. Special Teams will play a huge part in this game. This will be a hard fought game by good players and even better coaches. Look for some very hard hitting in this one, wish i could be there. Close game, but Watauga pulls it out by 2.

East Burke wins:
    EB has a good team, but this win will probably come from the broken will of the Freedom players. (thats really to bad - they have some good athletes). But if the 'broken will' don't get'em, then the stupid penalities probably will. EB wins by

AC wins:
    Close game. SC wants revenge on AC (AC has beaten them twice in a row - conference play). These two teams hate each other on the field. They play each other hard no matter what thier record is, especially in football and baseball. SC knows all about russell at QB...if AC can get the running game going, giving russell better looks, watch out....might be a lot of points on the board. russell will have an amazing game. You never know in this one, but AC has been playing better each game (fyi...leading conference in turn-over ratio), i'm going with AC by 24.