1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Conference Tourney Thread (and Predictions)

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by whspioneers, Feb 5, 2007.

1. NW1Fan

NW1Fan Full Access Member

I'm not sure what Reynolds does against other teams, as I have only seen them play EB. But according to another post on the board they have a good press. They cannot press EB, but I couldn't see them pressing McDowell either. Another thing about EB that everyone will have to agree on is that they NEVER stop playing. And they can come at you so many different ways. Not only do they have E. Ross to score (had 18 or 19 last game vs Reynolds) they have M. Ross (had 20 1st game vs Reynolds),and even O. Childers to take up the scoring. Brittany Yancey and Chelsea Stephens can both hurt you in the post and C. Effird has come on strong lately.
    I guess my answer is EB uses alot of different scorers and angles, where in the 2 games we beat them, Reynolds only had one or 2 girls really play well. All this being said Reynolds is obviously a quality team, they have wins over McDowell and Freedom, the next game (if there is a next game) just depends on who shows up that night.

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

It really comes down to which Reynolds team decides to show up on which night. Keep in mind this team is lead by a Freshman point guard (Karlee Taylor), a Freshman playing in the post (Whitney Brinkley), and a Sophomore playing the wing position (Taylor Lovin). So yeah there has been sometimes when this team hasn't come ready to play. The Seniors haven't always been consistent either, but all in all have done a fine job considering they have had to lead such a young team. So what happens this week comes down to who shows up, but I have a feeling the loss to Watauga a week or so ago woke this team up and they will be ready to play.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

1st Round score

East Burke 74
    Watauga 54

4. reynoldsrocks23

AC Reynolds 91
    Alexander Central 52

Wednesday
    AC Reynolds vs East Burke in the semis at McDowell

5. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Good, I've been wanting to see this matchup...I think the third time around will be pretty darn exciting

6. reynoldsrocks23

Now....if the same Rocket team that showed up tonight will come to play on Wednesday!

7. wncsprt

wncsprt Full Access Member

Monday Feb 12 @Morganton

4 Freedom 50
    5 S.Caldwell 40

8. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I'll put my money on Reynolds.

9. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

East Burke and McDowell advance to the championship. East Burke hung on to beat AC Reynolds and McDowell pulled away from Freedom in the second half..

10. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

McDowell -East Burke for championship

I t will be McDowell and East Burke playing for the championship friday night. East Burke pulled away from Reynolds in the closing Minutes winning by 10 I believe. IN the nightcap McDowell blew past Freedom by 19, 71-52. Washington was sick the whole game but lead all scoring with 23. Jessica Smith turned in a great effort scoring 17 and holding Ali Ford to only 14 total points. Good luck to both teams Friday.

Prediction--McDowell 75
    East Burke 60