1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Coaches

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by whspioneers, Apr 13, 2006.

1. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

2. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

3. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

Freedom job

I heard the guy from Illinois had 500 career wins. With everyone mentioned, it will be a tough decision. Is Coach Davis in on the decision?

4. titan90

titan90 titan90

John Hancock would be a good choice. He has varsity coaching experience at Lincolnton and Forestview. He coached JV ball at MHS in the late 80's and early 90's. If for some reason Lloyd does not come back next year to coach at MHS, Hancock would be my choice for his replacement. His wife's family still lives in McDowell County. Eventhough the school board voted to let Lloyd coach again next season, you have to believe he may be looking at other places to coach. I hope he comes back myself and if Terrance Kincaid is healthy next year the titans will win the conference. I know all the anti-Church people will say we should win the state with all that talent he has on his team. But despite what they think these kids are a long ways away from a state title.

5. EBFANFOREVER

EBFANFOREVER Junior Member

Replacement?

Titan90, all you have done for the past month is talk about how Church is the man for the job. Now, that the decision has been made and church is staying you are talking about his replacement. You must not be too close to the situation, I think anyone who has faught this hard for thier job will not leave when they win. What grade are you in by the way?

6. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Think about it this way and maybe you'll understand what titan90 is trying to say...

you've been a coach for a long time at one place and all of a sudden your boss dosen't believe in you. Well, any sense of loyalty between you and your boss may be gone. If you're the coach, then maybe it isn't worth staying anymore knowing you don't have full support.

I think what titan90 is saying is that considering Lloyd is gonna have to "walk on egg shells" every year to keep his job, it may come to a point to where it's not worth it anymore to go through this when you can get a secure job somewhere else with the full support of those who hire you.

7. titan90

titan90 titan90

The school board put in a stipulation concerning Coach Church and his return to coach next season at MHS. It says, "that Church will remain basketball coach for "1" year providing school administrators time to evaluate his progress." What does this mean? What exactly does progress mean? Is it wins and loses? Is it how many parents will complain or what? I just think it is a joke. What kind of goals or expectations will they give Lloyd. All this means is that we could basically be going through this same situation next year at this time. Then again the 2 school board members that are 199% against Church will probably not be reelected in Nov. and the 2 that will replace them are in Church's "court".
    I would be in grade 28 if I was still in school!

8. wncsprt

wncsprt Full Access Member

Casey Rogers is the new coach at Freedom.

9. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

There's a surprise.

10. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Alot of schools student sections will have fun with McDowells little situation next year. I have a feeling this will be one embaressing year for SmackDowell basketball.