1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Coaches

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by whspioneers, Apr 13, 2006.

1. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Lets see whos left

Watauga- Rob Sanders (is returning)
    Alexander- Ed Wills (returning)
    AC Reynolds- Conrad (returning)
    South Caldwell-Crisp (Gone)
    East Burke- Bliss (Gone)
    Freedom- David (Gone)
    McDowell- Church (Gone)

Thats a pretty big turnover rate. Maybe the 3 coaches coming back can win it all.

2. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

McDowell-Church {returning???]

3. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

If the powers that be hire a "quality" coach look for SC to be the team to beat next year. Tons of talent and size returning. If someone can come in and get them to play as a team they will be tough. I never made one negative post about Coach Crisp but he was just not able to do the job and some new blood is just what we need. Crisp is a great guy and I wish him all the best

4. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

That's pretty funny. They'll be lucky if they can get an assistant softball coach, that knows nothing about basketball, to take that job.

5. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

Hopefully they will look at what a big mistake it was to hire the new softball coach just becuase she worked at the school and not make the same mistake twice when they decide on a new coach. I really think if they bring in a good coach he will be accepted and supported just as Absher was when he was at SC. He didn't have a great won loss record but there was very little controversy during his years at SC and he worked very well with the students.

6. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Good luck with that. Wouldn't hold my breath.

7. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

I'm just hopeing!!! Diffinetly won't hold my breath

8. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Again, good luck on finding the kind of coach you guys are looking for. I actually thought that Crisp was doing a fine job, a program like SC's doesn't become good over night. I don't think he was given the time or support needed to build a program. It's my understanding that SC is a pretty young team and has a lot of folks coming back. The coach should have been given another year or two to see what he could do with players that were a little more mature. Whatever the case it is a moot point now. One thing that I do know is that there aren't a whole lot of "good" coaches that are going to banging down the door to coach there. Most likely a coach is going to have to be grown there and it will take time to do it, it can't be a revolving door position.

9. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

In all honesty, its taken a week to soak all this in. I made a TERRIBLE mistake by jumping the gun and making some comments directly to people I should not have and honestly regret acting in anger. And anger is the path to the dark side of the force. (Right Yoda?) I hope the certain people I am talking to read this from time to time and understand that.

As most of you know, my name is David and I have sat on the bench for the whole tenure of Jeff Crisp and the bizzare season before him and even a few from Mike Absher. I have done everything from stat guy to assistant coach. I am perfectly sain when I say I have done this for nothing and I think I am a better person for it. I think most of the bleacher coaches who live their lives through their children should spend some time doing what I have done. It hurts to lose and winning is a feeling I wish I could bottle. I have faught some wars on this site as a fan of South Caldwell and as a partcipant and learned TONS.

So let me break it down to you all. Do I feel the resignation of Jeff Crisp was warranted? No. I swear I will never understand how people forget that prep sports are not just about money or wins/losses. Are we not trying to make the guys better people too? I feel Jeff Crisp wanted to mold these kids, not just coach them. He even calmed me down alot from my language and basically being stupid.

I feel like I know Jeff pretty well. His faith and values are without touch and I feel any school that snatches him up is making a GREAT choice. One thing I have learned is character is not how hard you fall, its how quickly you get back up when you do. As I look into the crystal ball, Jeff Crisp will be on a sideline next year as a head coach or assistant and I say give him three years somewhere, he will be a winner.

And the Spartans are going to be fine too. I want so badly for those players to be successful and for the people in the stands to supportive and open minded. I think if one of those happens, the other will too.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  10. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Church is not returning for who ever posted that. He was FIRED!!!!