1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NSA WORLD

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by ucballer, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ucballer

ucballer Full Access Member

Well it is the first day of the NSA World and so far it has been a bust.I think every retired or unemployed senior citizen 60 and over was given an umpire job this week.They cant even see from 3rd to 1st and yet they are deciding games and consistantly making bad calls.The opening cermonies were good until the head NSA Director took the mic then I believe everyone went to Carowinds or the one's left in the seats were asleep.I can't believe in 10u that the pitchers that work hard to be able to hit corners don't get the calls.We should just change the rules and make it Tee softball throw it right down the middle.Where has all the quality umpires gone???? Anyone tell me please if a kid works hard every week and is consistant with hitting corners she should get the calls.There are to many round plates out there!!!!

2. sball53

sball53 Member

You must be a dad that thinks every pitch is a strike

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

let em rant, i've been there. its not just nsa, its prevelant everywhere right now....i watched a rec game last week where a 60+ yr old ump call a strike on a pitch that hit the batters helmet and knocked it off.....said her head was in the strike zone.....was not, she was standing up and backing out of the box....its everywhere right now....

4. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Anyone win?

5. softballphreak

What's with all the age crap? If 60+ is a problem, why not make it under 60 to qualify?

Whining about corners at 10U? Gimme a break.

6. ucballer

Yea and you must be world known for stupid comments!!Just telling it like is

7. ucballer

So what you are saying is that hard work means nothing to you!!Sure sounds like it to me!! We work hard as you do posting comments so that is a lot wouldn't you think?There isn't a 60+ year old that needs to be out in this heat! Nsa worried about hair bows when they have umps that are probable to heat stroke or heart attcks in this heat!!UOTE=softballphreak;2563133]What's with all the age crap? If 60+ is a problem, why not make it under 60 to qualify?

Whining about corners at 10U? Gimme a break.[/QUOTE]

8. coach1320

coach1320 Full Access Member

Can't speak to 10U out west, but when I was out there the last few weeks recruiting, I was really impressed with the quality of the umpires they had. They approached the game professionally, like they do at the college level. I know all too well what everyone is talking about....those umpires that are doing travel ball tournaments just for the little bit of money and since it's not a lot of money they don't work hard. It's a shame for the kids and for the game. I'd really like to see some of the travel ball umps I saw in California do some of our games!

9. softballphreak

[/QUOTE]

Hard work means a lot--at any age. Teaching respect for the game should be part of that work.

The heat advisories included young children as well as the elderly.

Don't equate lack of skill with age; it's usually the other way around.

10. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

discuss and complain all ya want, but lets not make it personal.....i've advocated an upper age limit/physical capabilities requirement of umpiring for many years. nothing worse than an overweight, blind and weezing umpire who cant see, get out of the way of a play or remember where he is ya know......:satana: