1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Nortwestern 4A summer updates

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Wildcats, May 19, 2008.

1. Catman

Catman Member

Northwestern 4A Summer Update

Talk about improvement, I heard Alexander Central's Ryan Hargrave lit Apex High School (4A finalist last year) up for 40 points at Wake Forest saturday. He hit six 3 pointers in a row before he missed and ended up hitting 10 of 12. He has gotten bigger and stronger and his ball handling skills are really improving. Next season could be very interesting if everyone hangs around. Is Cody really leaving East Burke. I hear Hargrave is thinking about leaving. I see his dad from time to time, but I do not know him well enough to ask him. Has any one heard anything?

2. Wildcats

Wildcats Junior Member

I know Cody's dad and I don't think he is leaving. It is still up in the air.
    He is looking at how well the team does this summer. He is concerned
    about the guards on the team not playing well together, but really likes and trust Coach Hancock to make it work. I know he just got home from Europe playing in the United World Games and they won
    a bronze medal. (USA international 18U team). He dominated over there.
    Over 21 pts and 11 rebounds per game.
    He has gotten huge and drawing tons of attention.

3. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

I hope Shuffler and Hargrave stay around so the patriots will have some competition next year

4. FREEDOMFAN

FREEDOMFAN Junior Member

Can you get me the link to the website where it says anything about him being recruited by those schools because I've been searching for it and not seeing anything. I hope he does go somewhere. Maybe the NW4A can be represented at the next level this coming year. It sure wasn't this year.

5. FreedomGuy

i would also like to know if there is a link that talks about Shuffler overseas because that seems like a big deal if had those kind of numbers on the international level

6. goodoleburkeco

goodoleburkeco Player Hater

7. Catman

Catman Member

Northwestern 4A Boys Basketball Top Five

Who is your top five for the up coming season? Shuffler, Hargrave, Kincaid, after that it is a toss up for me. Any thoughts. I think Shuffler, Hargrave and Kincaid will dominate the stat lines. On any given night who can stop them? I can see quite a few 30 point nights coming up.

8. FreedomGuy

those 3 are definite locks but my other two are Ford and Weatherman from FHS

9. Catman

Catman Member

I know this is not a rumor board, but a friend of mine told me he ran into the Hargrave's at a gas station in Chatam Virginia. Isn't that where that Hargrave Prep School is? Does anyone know if Hargrave is going to Hargrave? I hope not because I had him in my top three for player of the year in the NW4A.

10. IUFAN

IUFAN Junior Member

Mcdowell

I was told today that McDowell got a transfer from Hickory that went to camp with them and was offered a scholoarship. Does anyone know who this is? I am familiar with this team and would like to hear a name.