1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New polls out

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

3A battle tonight

#5 Rocky Mount vs #8 Northern Nash tonight at 7 pm.

Scheduled pitchers: Jim Leggett vs Tyler Joyner in this annual dogfight.

There will be a few parents that won't be able to breath.

3. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

S.Rowan overrated!!! Lost to E.Rowan and Mooresville

4. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I'm struggling with the South Rowan thing as well. They are barely beating folks they should be hammering if they are as good as folks suggest they are...ie Carson 7-6; Davie 5-3 in extras; Lake Norman 11-9;

Granted, I think they have a nice team that is talented, but they are no better than the third best team in the NPC behind East Rowan and Mooresville.

Where is East Rowan? Seems like they are getting penalized for playing a tough schedule and dropping a few games when they weren't healthy and had players involved in basketball. They did beat South 5-0.

5. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

Right now i thing E.Rowan is the top NPC team to beat. But i have not given up on Mooresville yet!!! When Mooresville starts hitting better i thing they will be the team to beat.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Polls are for discussion purposes only and they mean absolutely NOTHING. Games are won on the field and East Rowan has beaten both South Rowan and Mooresville on the field. I do believe South and Mooresville will battle for 2nd place in the NPC, I also believe if Northwest Cabarrus plays the rest of the year like they did this weekend in winning the Intimidator Classic (one of their wins was against 4A power undefeated North Meck), then you have to figure NW Cabarrus will be among the frontrunners at seasons' end also.

I agree with your comments about South Rowan though, they may deserve to be ranked, but not ahead of East Rowan who beat them, 5-0 in HS baseball is pretty decisive.

7. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

I emailed Andy and asked him what is going on. Plus N. Meck beaten by Overcash at NWCabarrus last night. East Rowan and Mooresville are way up on S. Rowan at this time. No comparison.

8. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

NW Cabarrus is tough with Overcash on the hill. He gives them an instant up, I still think East Rowan is #1 and Mooresville #2. Once they begin hitting better Mville will be tough. Playing St. Stephens tonight for ship in Hickory.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

The most important object in producing an effective poll every other week is in the information that is given. There is absolutely no way that Andy can do this by himself. He is appealing to all of the coaches to submit timely information to him...unfortunately, that is not always the case.

He has asked us to assist him and I believe we can; and this is how I suggest we do so.

This thread and others like it through the season is a great opportunity to voice your opinions on the teams and the polls. This should be an ongoing thread and not one to bring up only when the new polls come out.

Andy reads this site everyday. If someone has a logical opinion of a specific team and its place on the polls...post it here. He would be happy to read everybody's thoughts. But let's ensure the comments are reasons a team should be ranked versus why a team should not. Keep in mind when the polls come out. Anything that happened this past weekend will not reflect this weeks polls.

10. east99

east99 east99

Marvin Ridge

They are off to a pretty good start..... 11-0 overall (6-0 conf.) No love in the polls???