1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Need help with Bats

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Grouseone, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

I have heard that the bat of all bats is Miken Intensit-E. When the batter steps up to plate with this bat all defensive players take two steps back (Poor Pitcher) . Miken does not make this bat now but makes the M-pulse but I have heard this new bat not as good as the Intensit-E. Any BAT "expert" out there that could give me some help or information on this. P.S. Anyone that has a Miken Intensit-E 32/23 for sale (new or used) let me know I am interested in buying one for my daughter

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

www.batreviews.com has some useful information.

the sweet spot is even "sweeter" and the 4 or 5 players i know who own one, love'em!

Welcome to TBR softball! What age is your DD?

3. jeff snyder

jeff snyder Junior Member

You pretty much have it right. My daughter was using the 31/22 and all the girls small enough to use it on my 14u team borrow it during the games,

Both the Worth Wicked and the M-Pulse are good, but the Intensit-E seems hotter.

I just bought my daughter the size you're looking for off of ebay for $265. It was barely used, but that's $35 more than a new M-Pulse that replaced it. It's just that you can't find the Intensit-E so you are going to pay a premium for it. The good news is that it's one tough bat that improves as it's used and creates more whip the more it's used. So unlike aluminum bats, it gets better with age. It also seems to handle the cold better too.

Usually players coming to the plate with an old beat-up bat don't get a lot of respect. Some however, do watch out for composit bats and that is true for the Intensit-E Note that it will vibrate and sting your hands until you're used to it.

I'm currently looking for the next 2 sizes up now myself.

4. Pisgah10

Pisgah10 Full Access Member

I agree the Intensity-E is a very good bat, however I recently bought a Miken M-Pulse and have better results than with the Intensity. One advantage I see with the M-pulse is that it is a -10 drop. The extra once helps with bat speed. The sweet spot seems to be a little smaller with the M-Pulse but that may be because it is still new. If you make good contact with the ball, I assure you, the ball jumps just as well as the with the Intensity.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Pisgah10

Welcome aboard and thanks for your insight on the Bears 2004!!

Do keep us updated as the season progress and we hope you enjoy
    TBR Softball. :wavey:

good to see you're hanging out with some enka folks................fun bunch, aint they?? :D

6. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

pisgah10

I have to agree with Pisgah10....I have seen his daughter hit with that new bat...There are a few that I am still waiting to come down...My daughter uses the same bat and if you hit the sweet spot it goes further than the old Miken bat...The wicked bat as well as the anderson rocket bat is just as good. With these three bats it just comes down to personal preference and whether you in the bat you are using.

7. jeff snyder

8. jeff snyder

NSA and the M-Pulse

Note that if you're planning on playing NSA tournaments this year, the NSA has not approved the M-Pulse. They won't say why, but refer you to Miken. I suspect it's all about the money (isn't it always?). I'd like to try a broken-in M-Pulse for myself, but we want to play at least 4-5 NSA tournaments this year and that's too many for a $230 bat.

9. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

NSA Tournaments

Who knows what is legal or not legal in NSA, USFA tournaments. You go to their webpage and read what it says there then go to a tournament and anything goes one day and nothing goes the next. If you are going to allow the wicked bat or the anderson bat in NSA games then there should not be an issue with the MIken M-Pulse. The Miken M-Pulse was approved last fall in ASA...and if its allowed there then it should be legal in all the organizations. Maybe everybody here should email Howard Edwards about this with NCNSAsoftball.com

10. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

You are right my daughters travel team played in an nsa torunament two years ago and the miken bat was legal on sat. then was ruled illegal on sun. You can always do like their coach did and just don't play nsa tournaments. There are more than enough usssa asa and other tournaments to play on every weekend