1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC Volleyball scores

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Warrior Pride, Aug 22, 2006.

1. EnkaBall05

EnkaBall05 Full Access Member

I think LS meant to copy the headers from the paper. The top Semi final is for Tennis and the lower is for the regional final for volleyball.

LS doesn't make too many mistakes....................known her for years:band:

2. EnkaBall05

EnkaBall05 Full Access Member

:silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2:

Thanks LS

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

haha, you silly girls :poke:

Anyways, good luck to Enka. I know you all have been knocking at the door for the last few years and I hope you are playing for the title in Raleigh this time around. We went in 2003 and had a blast! The wife and I stayed for every match that day and saw the western teams sweep the championships.

Its also good to see former Mooresville assistant (now head coach at Starmount) John Simons vying for another state title. This would be his third since taking the head coaching job there! BUT, they must face a tough, tough W. Henderson team before making plans. These teams from Henderson play outstanding volleyball and seem to be in Raleigh every year.

GO ENKA! :newsmile12: GO STARMOUNT!

4. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

Person Rockets back to the State 4a Title game!!!!!!

For the second year in a row the Person Rockets from Roxboro NC have won the Eastern 4A Regionals and will move back to the State 4A Championship game this Saturday at Reynolds at 12:00 noon.
    The Rockets took down Wimington Hoggard (30-3) last night 3-0. The Rockets looked like they were on a mission last night with there sights set on reaching the Championship game again by defeating Hoggard 25-15, 25-19, 25-13. The Rockets were dominating last night.
    BRING HOME THE TROPHY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

5. PersonRocketDad

State 4A rematch

The Person Rockets will have a rematch of last years title game against Providence Highschool who defeated Mt. Tabor last night 3-0. This should be a great match between two great programs.
    Can anyone provide any details of last nights games for Providence???

6. Village Idiot

Providence defeated Mt. Tabor 3-0
    25-12, 25-9, 25-6

There is a nice article in the Charlotte Observer this morning and you my be able to find it at charlotte.com.

Good luck against this powerhouse but it sounds like you guys have already met before. They are loaded again and well coached.

Congrats on your season my friend! Many teams have been left in your wake and its an honor just to take the floor at Reynolds as you well know. Good luck once again!

7. PersonRocketDad

Will be a good title game again!!

Thank you for the kind words!!

Yes Village you are correct. Providence will be a great team to play and it should be a great match between in my humble opinion two of the best teams in the state. And as you stated it is a great honor just to be in the Championship game!!!
    They met very early in the year and Person came out on top but I know and bet that both teams are much better and different now then they were then.

Looking at all the Brackets there will be some great volleyball played saturday at Reynolds!! Good luck to all the teams and may everyone travel safely!!!:newsmile31:

8. 75gitane

75gitane Full Access Member

just heard the 4A result ...

roxboro person 3
    providence 1

providence won the 1st game and then dropped the next 3.

9. Village Idiot

PersonRocketDad! Get yer hind end in here and give us the details!

WAY TO GO! :bananarena:

10. PersonRocketDad

Still Celebrating in Roxboro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Village Idiot, I'm still trying to recover from all of yesterdays excitement!!!
    Yes the Person Rockets Volleyball team is STATE 4A Champions!!!!!!!!!
    And it was muched earned yesterday as Providence was a tough team and very very good!!
    you could tell from the get go this was going to be a war between to powerhouse teams and would not be a easy feat to win. With this being a rematch from last years final you could tell both of these teams were not in awe of the other and it started in game one!!
    In game one it was a war all the way through the match with it staying tied all the way until the Panthers were able to snatch game one 23-25 on a couple of Rocket errors.
    The Rockets down as many as 7 points in game two battled back to tie the game and going to there big hitter Amanda Roberson got a couple of kills to take game two 26-24.
    Game three found the Rockets down 10-2 and the Rockets bared down and battled back to tie the game at 19. From that point the Rockets took game three 25-23. From that point I believe the Rockets took the momentum for good!
    Game four again found the Rockets down 12-4 and the Rockets battled back AGAIN to tie the set at 18. All of a sudden the sister tandum of Megan and Katie Tatum came alive and with beautiful sets from Wingate signee setter Amanda Clark the Tatum duo put the Panthers away with four consective kills to win game four and the Championship 25-20.
    Amanda Clark was named MVP.
    The Person Rocket Volleyball team brings home to Person County the first State Championship trophy in school history in any sport!!!
    Jimmy "V" would have been proud of the Rockets for there "never give up " attitude and there toughness.
    And the support that was shown by the people of Person County that filled one whole side of Reynolds was awesome!!!!! Probably a couple thousand people from Person Co.
    I remember last year the Providence coach telling our Coach Sandy Matthews that she wished she had that kind of support. The youth of Person County LOVES Coach Matthews as she is a great coach but much more she is a great person and the girls would die to play for her!!!
    Don't know if the Rockets will make it back next year but don't be surprised if they do!!!
    PERSON ROCKETS STATE 4A CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: WAY TO GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: