1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC Volleyball scores

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Warrior Pride, Aug 22, 2006.

1. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

I Forgot............

The Rockets will face Hoggard on Tuesday night at PErson Highschool at 7:00pm.
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!:newsmile62:

2. PersonRocketDad

Same here in Roxboro

Yes EastofRaleigh it is the same here in Roxboro and Person County. With the excitment of our highschool team here the interest in Traveling or Club volleyball has grown tremendously. Everyone of the Rockets has played or is playing travel ball when not playing for the Highschool. And there efforts and success from travel ball is a big part of therer success in highschool. The level of play is tremendous.
    I my self have been coaching a travel team for three years now trying to help prepare my daughter (who loves volleyball only) for highschool and beyond. I myself have recruited former and current players to help "teach" my girls the fundamentals and what it takes to get better and prepeare for highschool.
    My daughters (she is 8th grade) middle school team just went undefeated this season winning 24 consecutive matches and winning there conference. This is directly contributed to there success and hard work during travel ball. This school team also will be moving on to play for the Rockets I hope!!! I hope because of these efforts volleyball in Person County will be strong for several more years for the Rockets. And our highschool coach Sandy Matthews is very very grateful for the people who are involved in this because she gets the longterm benefits of this. She also is very supportive of our youth in this county and all the girls would die to play for her!!! She is a great person as well as a great coach.
    AND no I do not have a regular life anymore......traveling around all the time...spending money....watching my daughter play.......I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!! And wouldn't miss a minute of it either!! I did the same for my son and baseball and he is now forutnate enough to play college baseball......needless to say I have enough video of my Son and Daughter to last me along time when I get old and need something to do or watch......and God has blessed me and my family to have these opportunities and I try to give something back to other youth and make there dreams come true!!! Not to mention I know where my kid is and who they are with!!! Sports is a good thing for youth in my opinion!!!!
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

does anybody know if N. Iredell is still alive in the 3A West bracket? TIA

4. Warrior Pride

Warrior Pride Full Access Member

North Iredell lost 3-0 to SW Randolph last Thursday.

5. Village Idiot

this makes the first time since 2002 that the NPC hasnt been represented in the 3A Western Regional finals

6. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

softball?

PRD, do any of your travel volleyball players also do travel softball or other travel sports? or have they focused only on v-ball?

7. PersonRocketDad

Yes

EastofRaleigh, Yes I have two girls on my team that play travel softball and the same two also play middleschool basketball.
    At least travel softball doesn't conflict with volleyball to much until after school ball in the spring. Several of my volleyball players play middleschool softball but we don't have any problems with travel volleyball as those tournaments are played on Saturdays and is one day only. And also every other weekend. I do try to allow during our travel season some "down time" so they can be kids...which I think is important also. When we travel we try and do things as a group that doesn't involve volleyball at times to make the total experience fun and this also helps to build team chemistry, Just my humble opinion.

8. PersonRocketDad

GAME TIME CHANGE FOR TONIGHTS GAME VS. WILMINGTON HOGGARD

The Game time for the Regional Playoff game between the Person Rockets and Wilmington Hoggard has been changed to 6:00pm at Rocket Gym. Once again the game time is now set for 6:00pm.
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

WNC volleyball teams play for regional titles

Tuesday, Oct 31

Regional semifinals

3-A

Charlotte Catholic (14-3) at Asheville (16-1), 2 p.m.

Roberson (15-3) at Hickory (15-0), 3:30 p.m.

2-A
    West Henderson (11-0) vs. Shelby (13-0) at Gardner-Webb University, 3:45 p.m.

Regional finals

3-A
    Southwest Guilford (26-1) at Enka (24-0), 7 p.m.

2-A
    Starmount (26-3) at West Henderson (25-0), 7 p.m.

1-A Bishop McGuinness (25-1) at Hendersonville (23-4), 6 p.m.

Happy Halloween!!!!

:yamyam:

10. Village Idiot

I'm kinda confused about the above bracket. How can the regional final pairings be set before the semi-finals have been played? Or am I missing something here?