1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC 3A Volleyball 2006

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Warrior Pride, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Warrior Pride

Warrior Pride Full Access Member

3RD Round NCHSAA State playoffs

As the third round playoffs start this Thursday, the state playoffs are shaping up with some great matches coming up. Lets start with:

SW Guilford @ West Iredell- These two schools have two of the best records in the state playoffs. West is 28-0 and SW Guilford is 24-1. Both have advanced threw the first two rounds with out losing a single set. Should be a great match.

Fred T. Foard @ Kings Mountain- These two schools are two traditional power houses in the volleyball world and this year its no exception. Should be fun to watch.

My third round picks are:

West Iredell over SW Guilford- Only because the Warriors will be playing at home
    Enka over Charlotte Chatholic
    Kings Mountain over Fred T. Foard- again only because Kings Mountain is the home team.
    And my upset special of the third round- North Iredell over SW Randolph.
    North has played a tough schedule and are playing great ball right now. There loses this season are twice to West Iredell and once to Starmount and Forbush. All of these teams have advanced to the third round of there classifications.
    Good luck to all and may the best teams prevail.:whip:

2. Fastpitch Coach

Fastpitch Coach Full Access Member

Go Warriors

Go Warriors. Fastpitch Coach looking forward to going to Raleigh to see you play.

3. Warrior Pride

Volleyball Match of the Year

Last night in front of a packed house at West Iredell high school, the Warriors from West lost a five game thriller to SW Guilford, 3-2. This match could have easily been a regional final match, but as it turns out they met in the third round. West Iredell entered the match at 28-0 while SW Guilford was 24-1. West Iredell won the first set 25-21. The secound set was won by SW Guilford 27-25. West fought even harder in the third set and won 25-20. The fourth set the Cowboys stormed out front 18-8, only to see West close to within one at 24-23. A hitting error gave the cowboys the set and we were all even at two games a piece. The fifth and final set was back and forth, with West streching its lead to 12-8. But SW Guilford did not wilt and they scored the final seven points of the match and won. A word to the wise that may play SW Guilford down the road in the playoffs. THEY ARE FOR REAL!! With two outside hitters that are already committed to D I schools, and a strong Middle hitter, they handle there selfs quite nicely. Good luck everyone, the rest of the way and thanks West Iredell Warriors, its been a hellava run!!

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Saturday...

Enka @ Kings Mountain...3pm today. this is volleyball NOT Softball. :knuddel:

5. EnkaJet2000

EnkaJet2000 Junior Member

Enka Over Kings Mountain

Enka Sugar Jets won 3-0 over Kings Mountain today. Is this a sign of things to come for softball?

6. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

enka poster: how do ya'll do in girls basketball? & same question for KM?

7. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Volleyball Team Advances to Final Four

Congratulations Sugar Jets!!!!

http://www.buncombe.k12.nc.us/ehs/cwp/view.asp?A=3&Q=281704

Any of the Kings Mtn volleyball players on the softball team too?
    Kady Duncan also plays first base for Enka.

8. Warrior Pride

State Championship picks

In my final column, I would like to thank everyone for there comments this year. As I said before, after West Iredell lost 3-2 to SW Guilford, They are for real. With that my championship picks are:

Hendersonville over Pender County in the 1A championships.

W. Henderson over Cardinal Givens in the 2A championships.

SW Guilford over JH Rose in the 3a Bracket.

Providence over Person in the 4a championships.

Thats right the West will sweep in Raleigh. Good luck girls and show'em what the West is made of!!

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

I hate to hear that Enka and Starmount lost. I know those seniors are taking it hard. Enka has been so close these last few years, it just does'nt seem fair.

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

SW Guilford is good - my neice played the last two years but decided not to play this fall so she could work and concentrate on school and prepare for soccer in the spring (soccer made it to the state title game last year) - I bet now she wishes she had played v-ball her senior year too