1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC 3A Volleyball 2006

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Warrior Pride, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Warrior Pride

Warrior Pride Full Access Member

Looking forward to another great volleyball season. West iredell looks to be loaded this year and ready to make a run at this years 3A state title. Just wanted to ask everyone what other teams in the 3A classification will be strong in 2006? West has everyone back from a team that lost in the final eight of the 3a state playoffs in 2005. Led by senior setter Hannah Stewart, who has alredy committed to Lenior-Rhyne college for 2007 and juniors Bria James and Marissa Church who are currently being recruited by colleges as well. Should make for a interesting season!!

2. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

What do you think the top program in Western NC AAA will be? W. Iredell? Don't think so.... Fred T. has lead the way the past few, can see them going downhill now, the don't rebuild, they reload.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

volleyball rocks.

FTF is always at the top in this area.

best wishes to all volleyball gals and Teams!!

4. Warrior Pride

I understand Fred T. Foard is a outstanding team. But considering there graduation loses from there 3A state championship team and also Head coach Lettie Wilkes leaving to coach Belmont Abby, they want win state this year. I see them winning there confrence and probably make it to the secound round of the state playoffs. Oh by the way, West Iredell hosts Fred T. Foard September 9. Should be a good tale tale sign. As I said before year after year there is none better than Foard, there record speaks for it self. But this year they have lost to much to beat West Iredell. Thanks for your replies

5. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

ftf

I think FTF has 3 rising freshmen that will have a huge impact this year.

6. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  7. Warrior Pride

8. Sugar Jets Rock

Sugar Jets Rock Junior Member

Sugar Jets played at The Davidson "Best of the Best". I think we played an Iredell team, but not sure if it was West Iredell. We placed in second only to lose to Charlotte Latin in the gold division championships. It was a great tourney and gave our girls some great experience as well as play agianst some great teams! Hopefully this will help our Sugar Jets go far this season!!

9. Warrior Pride

As the playoff race begins to heat up, of the teams listed in this forum, Fred T. Foard is currently tied for first in there confrence with Hickory. West Iredell is rolling along at 19-0 and Enka of the Mountain Athlectic confrence was 12-0 and looking unstoppable as well. If West Iredell and Enka happen to play it will probably be October 31 in the state playoffs semi-finals. Halloween night, with the winner advancing to Raliegh to play for the state 3A championship!! I get excited just thinking about it. But also let me remind you there is alot of volleyball left to be played and alot of sleeping giants waiting out there, hoping to dethrone the likes of West Iredell, Enka, and Fred T. Foard. Anything can happen on a given night, so as the state playoffs start to draw near good luck to all state 3A teams, with the playoffs expanding to 64 teams this year, get ready for some October madness!!

10. Warrior Pride

After the first round of the NC 3A state playoffs, West Iredell, Enka, and Fred T. Foard have all advanced as there were few surprises. But it looks to get tougher from here. Of the teams still left that may challange these three are as follows.
    For West:
    East Randolph 19-3, SW Guilford 23-1, Asheboro 18-3, SW Randolph 18-4, and North Iredell at 20-4. In my opinion, this section of the brackets looks to be the stongest in the 3A tournament.

For Enka: I see Charlotte Chatholic 16-7 and Kings MNT 19-3 and Fred T Foard 16-6 and N. Buncombe 15-2 as possible teams that will challange Enka.

For Fred T. Foard: North Buncombe 15-2, Kings MNT 19-3 and Enka 20-0 will be a tall order for Foard to over come.

My picks for the sweet 16 are: West Iredell, SW Guilford, North Iredell, SW Randolph, Enka, Charlotte Chatholic, Kings MNT, and N. Buncombe. Good luck to all and may the best teams win!:smoke: