1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My Mother's gone...a 3 year tribute

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Braves, Jul 18, 2002.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

Man, what a gutt shot! I never really knew my father as he and my mom were divorced early in my life. That and he wasn't much into being a dad so he wasn't part of my life. So I have always had a strong relationship with my mom and it continues to this day. She is 67 and going stronger than most women half her age. I know death is part of life but I can't imagine not having her around. A few people have already eluded to what I think, that you can't take family for granted. Staying in touch and being part of each others lives is so important as is the health of you and your family. It seems people are so caught up in making the big dollar, driving the nice car or having the best at whatever when the most important thing is sleeping with you or right down the hall. Family. My grandmom died maybe 15 years back and it was not a pleasent way to go. She had a stroke and it reduced a vabriant woman to someone who couldn't talk or talk or take care of herself. As bad as all of this was it gave my mom and her a way of reconnecting with each other. It definately put life into perspective for me. No longer did I have to see "the game", read the box score, or go to wherever to get through the day. I realized that family, both extended and close were so much more important than the game that will still be played regardless if I am there to watch it. Celebrate her life by hugging those still with you.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I was thinking about my Mom today and didn't realize that it was just 3 years ago...and I still miss her badly.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Two and a half for me. I think about mine all the time.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Dayum..if it didn't bring tears to my eyes reading this for the first time since it was posted.

I'm truly sorry for your loss Math..I can honestly say that I know how you feel.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I feel the same about yours and everyone else that loses a parent.

6. Destiny

Destiny Density's evil twin

Braves, I am sorry for the loss of your mom. In reading this, it gave me a completely different perspective, because grief can feel so lonely.
    I lost my mom a year ago. Speaking at her funeral was surreal, I still don't know how I did it. Her memories will always lay heavily on my mind. Aside from my boys she was all I had, that made me feel loved.

Know that you and Math are in my thoughts, because nothing replaces the love of a mom..

7. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat ....superstar...yo.

It's been ten since my mom passed, eleven for my dad. I thank God everyday for having had the honor of knowing them.

Very sorry for everyone's and Braves' losses.

8. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

me too