1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My Mother's gone...a 3 year tribute

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Braves, Jul 18, 2002.

1. BigMark

BigMark Guest

I los tmy dad about a year ago after not talking with him for the last two years of his life. My thoughts a prayers are with you and your family.

2. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

condolances to you and your family...
    I burried my Grandmother on Wednesday...
    It's rough...

3. voyergirl

voyergirl Guest

i am sorry bill............

4. Sportsgirl

Sportsgirl Guest

Braves, what heartbreaking news! :( My condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time.

5. tamera67

tamera67 Guest

Through your tears, Braves, share your memory of your mother. It will be hard, but the thoughts will carry you through.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

6. reb

reb 1riot1reb

Mrs. Reb and I will be thinking about you Braves. I lost my father ten years ago and I still miss him. I wish I had the relationship with my mother that you had with yours.

7. Braves

Braves Guest

Well, I did it and it's over......

It was amazing that I was thinking of the many responses from you guys prior to her memorial. I spoke with NO ONE from my family prior to the eulogy. I just wanted to focus on what I was going to say.

You were right Silver. It was the toughest thing I have ever done.
    Allow me to share one story about her with you guys and then Putt, please delete this thread:

When my oldest son was 4, we were visiting my Mom. At 7:30 in the morning, I looked out the back window and there she was pitching a baseball to my son. Each time he would hit it , he would say, " Grandma, go get it ". This went on for hours until her arm got tired. It became a ritual everytime we visited. One night the kitchen door was closed and I decided to peek in to see what was going on. There they were, my son and my Mom, just dancing away like they were Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, well my son was more like Pee Wee Herman.

My son is now 15 almost 16 and my Mom's health had taken a toll on her physically. She moved slowly and her back was always hurting. My Mom and Dad lived at the beach, but came to Charlotte in March for a funeral. She didn't look well and didn't have much energy and went to bed early.

The next morning I could hear laughter and yelling in my back yard. I looked out the window and was absolutely stunned. There she was pitching a baseball to my 4 year old son. And each time he would hit it, he would say " Grandma..go get it " and she would. I watched for 30 minutes, speechless, while this was going on. I didn't say anything to her when they came in as my 4 year old was dominating the discussion about Grandma not throwing the ball right. He wanted her to throw it overhand, while she was throwing it underhand. This went on for awhile, so I left them to their argument.

That night, I was looking for her to give her her medicine. I heard music, laughter and shouting coming from my little one's room...Opening the door, I was shocked....there they were, my Mom and my 4 year old..dancing in their own little world. They didn't know I was there. I quickly closed the door, so I wouldn't interrupt their fun.

For that one day, my Mom was 30 years old again..having the time of her life..enjoying her grandchildren.

Well, she's gone now, but I'll relay a message I mentioned in my eulogy:

" ....We will see her again, but don't be surprised when you do see her, that she will be pitching a ball to God..and telling him to keep his hands up "

God Bless her and all of you for your kind responses.

Braves

8. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

Braves, I am very proud to call you my friend. It is my honor to know you. You will do well with the heartbreak you are facing now and always in life. There are special people in this world and you, sir, are one of them.
    Thanks for touching my life.:)

9. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

That's a wonderful thing to say about a woman that obviously touched many many great lives.

10. Braves

Braves Guest

Thanks Putt for your kind words..you know the feeling is mutual.