1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My Mother's gone...a 3 year tribute

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Braves, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Braves

Braves Guest

My Mother's gone.

I was thinking about Dave Newman's eulogy to his mother and how sad that was to me that he didn't have a good relationship with her.

I lost my mother two days ago and I, too, must give a eulogy.

But my situation was different. You see, my mother raised 7 kids and yet she had time for each one of us. She had the ability to make each one feel special and that each one was her favorite.
    She had so much love in her that even my bad ass brother learned to develop love from her example.

I don't mind telling you that I'm hurting. I hurt for losing the umbilical cord that even though I'm no longer a kid, I was always her kid. If I was hurting I still could go see or call Mom and the hurt would go away..I'm hurting now and she's not here..I love her and miss her..and I guess now it's time to grow up.

But Damn..I miss her...and in a way only a son would know.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Sorry to hear it Braves. I'm trying to hang on to my mom too.

Make the eulogy a celebration.:)

3. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Sorry to hear that Braves. She sounds like she was a fine example of a woman.

4. Lainey

Lainey Guest

Oh Braves. I am so sorry. Your post is so sweet and it is making me cry. Your mother was so fortunate to have a son like you.

5. Braves

Braves Guest

I'm crying too

6. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

Very sorry to hear that she has passed away Braves.

7. mramailman

mramailman Guest

Braves I am very sorry for your loss, it sounds as if you had a great mom. :(

8. Stargazer

Stargazer American Girl

I am so sorry, Braves. My mom is getting to the age where I'm beginning to worry about losing her. It will be the saddest day of my life. My heart goes out to you. I wish you luck with your eulogy.

9. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

Sorry about that Braves. I don't think I could do it if my mother died. I would be too torn up to speak. She raised up some good kids judging from the one I know.

10. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Guest

Man! I'm sorry Braves!

geez, i'm speechless! i'll brb!