1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Morehead City

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by travisunc, Jun 4, 2007.

1. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I read a preview of the teams in the eastern part of the state this weekend and Morehead City is said to have all of the players back, except 1, from their State Championship team from last year. Could this be correct? They are scoring a lot of runs......so it could be true.

2. JM15

JM15 Moderator

I was told that they return Lonnie Chisenhall (2006 State Tourney MVP) along with several others. They should be a favorite "downeast".

In what was probably Chisenhall's first start of the summer, he threw a 7-inning no hitter in a mercy-rule win over Brunswick County with 12 k's. I've also heard that he will enroll at ECU or Pitt CC in the fall.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

2nd

that was his 2nd start. first start came in an 8-2 win over duplin/sampson county.

we are returning 9 of the 13 kids from last year.

4. ECPirates11

ECPirates11 Junior Member

Morehead should be a legitimate contender to repeat. And Chisenhall has signed to go to Pitt CC in the fall.

5. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

its still early for that talk. we've got a long way to go. so much of legion baseball is chemistry anyway. our group last year just had a tremendous amount of heart and moxy to go with their talent. but that was then. i think this years group has got as much if not more talent. we'll just have to do our best to get them to come together as one unit. but only one team from all of area 2 gets to go to the state tournament and there is a bunch of talent in area 2.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

It's nice to hear that Lonnie Chisenhall is playing ball this summer and playing at home. I wish him success in the future.

7. NCBaseballfan14

NCBaseballfan14 Full Access Member

Just curious, why did Chisenhall leave USC? Thanks in advance

8. ECPirates11

ECPirates11 Junior Member