1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV teams

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by scfan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Just found out this weekend that Watagua won't have a jv team for the first time this year. I understand some of the 2a and 1a schools not having enough for a jv team but how can big 3a and 4a schools not have enough girls to field a team. Not talking about a certain school here but is it in some of these cases that the coach just don't want to take the time with them. Would like to hear from some who know on this situation. I think we only have 3 schools with jv teams in our conference, us at South Caldwell, Alexander and Hibriten who from what i understand is the smallest 3a school in the state. What's up with the others????

2. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

East Rowan only had 15-16 come out for softball.Hard to field a jv with those numbers.Have to point to the fact only 1 middle school fills this school.

3. jarrettfan

jarrettfan Full Access Member

watagua had 24 to come out! new coach (1st yr teacher) cut 7 !17 on var! hard to find a place to play 17! i feel sorry for the program in the yrs to come!passed over 2 real good and devoted guys when looking for a coach!

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

14 at hunter huss (3a) with only half that ever having played softball before. understand forestview and ashbrook will also not have jv teams.. dont know about north gaston, crest, kings mtn or south point.....but its sad how this cycle is panning out for girls softball......

5. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

North Iredell had about 30 come out. Looking for a few additional JV games...... Anybody need some JV games let me know and we'll try to work something out.

6. lylejohn

lylejohn Full Access Member

The same situation down here in the Southeastern corner of the State. Out of all 4 of the 4A schools in New Hanover County, only 2 have JV teams. I know that in the surrounding counties there are JV teams at Topsail, Trask, Whiteville, and S. Brunswick. Down here it is not due to coaches not wanting to deal with a JV, but no players coming out. I know one of the schools in New Hanover Co. had expected about 35 kids to come out, but only ended up with around 25, they still made a JV team, knowing that some of the freshman would be spending time on the varsity during the season.

7. JoJoPotato

JoJoPotato Junior Member

Mac 3a/4a

The MAC conference has only 3 jv teams. Reynolds Erwin and Enka.

8. 6'sdad

6'sdad Full Access Member

I-Meck

I am the Lake Norman JV coach and to my knowledge the I-Meck only has 2 JV teams. So Im looking for more games. please contact Dave Bailey at 704-650-7744 or [email protected] if you have a JV team and want to play.

9. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

At JH Rose . . . .

My DD played JV for most of Fr year (2002). That team would have beaten virtually every varsity team I saw at the DH Conley 24-team scrimmage this past weekend. Now Rose doesn't even field a JV team. The varsity team there was short 4 players this weekend as they were playing club volleyball. Redistricting is partially to blame but overall interest in the game in our county as decreased in the last five years.

10. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

wow, even in Pitt Co.

so even in softball-rich Pitt Co.? the Kings from the past (maybe still??) of Babe Ruth Softball. How many Eastern NC State champions, SE regional champions, and World Series champions? Hardly anyone could crack that nut, as I recall.

never would've thunk it.

But ya know guys, softball's a tough sport. It's not for 'em all.