1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jameson Curry

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Tommy_Perkins, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member

Looks like Curry is over the flu that kept him out of the Ravenscroft game. Here is his stat line in a losing cause against Cummings:

51 pts, 11 rebs, 5 TOs, 4 asts, 4 stls, 1 blk

2. Tommy_Perkins

3. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Its a good thing that he's going to UNC next season. But, he's a one-man show and if you put a box and one on him, you can shut him down.

4. Tommy_Perkins

I saw him play last year in the state tournament at North Pitt. North Pitt had a really good team with lots of good athletes and had gone to the state finals the year before. They put a box on him and rotated a fresh defender on him all night. He ate them alive singlehandedly.

His numbers are up from last year. This is what I just came up with for per game averages:

Points 39.5
    Rebounds 7.4
    Assists 5.7
    Steals 4.3

Awsome!

He is extremely exciting to watch and has some unique, original moves. I hope I get to see him play again, but if I do it will be in the playoffs. There were plenty of seats available at the North Pitt game, and I saw him play the next night at Minges (ECU) and there were LOTS of seats available. I saw the second round playoff game last year between Manteo and Kinston at Kinston and there were plenty of seats available. I can't understand it. Just tonight Pasquotank at Northeastern was standing room only in the largest gym in the conference.

5. Tommy_Perkins

Yes, he's a one man show. Like I wrote in another post, he reminds me of Pistol Pete more than anyone. Not quite the flash as Pete, but he knows that the ball should be in his hands and you can see the confidence in his eyes. His team, at least last year, did not have a lot of tallent or height. But they all played hard.

6. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

Tommy...
    I've seen JamesOn compared to Shammond Williams and I know the guy has great form on his shot and can really fill it up from all over. That said, do you think that he will be able to be as effective in a college game that will limit his shots more?

I've seen a little of Quentin Thomas on various film clips and the kid has a lot of potential and really good size. Thomas will help at the point regardless. My question is can JamesOn cover the 2 position (defensively) on the Div 1 level in college??

I'm a little more interested in his shooting % at the time, because that is a little better gauge. He won't get all those shots in college at UNC.

Also, it seems to me the kid shoots a very high number of free throws for a guard. This would indicate that maybe he's a little better at attacking the basket than I thought. Whats your impression? Is he strictly a jump shooter in college or more?

Great thread dude!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  7. Tommy_Perkins

I’ve only seen JamesOn play twice, both times in last year’s playoffs. I was very impressed, but I know he has his doubters. Let’s keep in mind that Michael Jordan was playing JV as a soph and that Curry was averaging 33 on the varsity as a soph and 25 as a freshman. Jordan did not have a lot of meat on him as a high schooler either, so I say that anyone who doubts Curry’s potential is cutting him short. As I have implied before, Curry’s potential is unlimited. His numbers have improved each year of his career. Surely he must know he will not be to UNC what he is to Eastern Alamance. His skills are outstanding, and yes I think he will excel at UNC. I had questioned his defense in an earlier post, but that is not to say he is a slacker. He is quick, athletic, and very intense. As far as attacking the basket, yes he does it in an exciting way. He can slash through defenders and go up for the easy dunk. From what I could see in the two times I saw him, a major part of his game is his extremely quick footwork and his quick release. By now he is used to teams putting their best defender on him, and he continues to light them up. He can get his shot off while being tightly defended and it goes in. And yes, a lot of them are from the perimeter.

8. N1NER

N1NER Junior Member

I'm an Eastern Alamance grad. You can also keep up with him at our home town paper. www.mebaneenterprise.com He had 65 in his last game against Western.

9. Tommy_Perkins

10. N1NER

N1NER Junior Member

Latest word out of Mebane is that there was a drug bust today at Eastern Alamance and Cummings. 42 students were arrested and one of the was Curry.