1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Its time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach 27, May 29, 2008.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

for the predictions. The hay is in the barn so to speak. Tomorrow it will all begin. Who do you like and why?

1A
    Cherryville
    Topsail

I have no clue. I do not know enough about these two teams to make a prediction. I do know Cherryville is one of the top programs in the state with a great history behind it. But as far as who is the best team I have no idea.

2A
    Orange
    ER

Orange may be the best team we played this year. We played Rose and Rocky Mount so thats saying something. ER as usual has some outstanding players and a great tradition. Im going with Orange to win this series in 3.

3A
    East Rowan
    Rocky Mount

Two outstanding teams that will leave it on the field. Im going with the team that has Brian Goodwin on it. People that have never seen him play before are going to see why he is projected as a first rounder out of hs and has already verballed to UNC. He will make that big outfield at the Mudcats Stadium seem like a LL park. I know ER is very good. But I like RM in this one in 3.

4A
    Greenville Rose
    Ardrey Kell

Rose had a tremendous tradition. AK is building one. Rose will be confident and well prepared. AK will have alot of confidence coming in as well because of who they had to beat to get there. AK will win it. It will be tough for them to adjust to Rose style of pitching and I predict three very low scoring games. But I like AK to bring it home.

2. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

cv-er-er-ak

3. baseball411

baseball411 Full Access Member

1A
    Cherryville
    Topsail

Cherryville definately has history on it's side as this is Topsail's first trip to the finals. Topsail has a great ace and could steal game 1, but after a close game one (that could go either way), Cherryville seals the deal.

2A
    Orange
    ER

Love to see Dease and the boys from Orange win it, but ER is loaded. Too much pitching depth for ER and I think they sneak by Orange's ace early. ER has also been battle tested in the big games much more than Orange, and that experience will carry ER to the top n 2 games.

3A
    East Rowan
    Rocky Mount

I know nothing about ER other than there are always some great players in Rowan County. Rocky Mount will be tough with their ace on the mound and their centerfielder is the best player to come through NC since Cam Maybin. I think this could be the best series of them all and have no idea who will win, but I'm going with East Rowan. The NPIED is a tough conference to win and they faced a tougher road to get to the Ship than Rocky Mount did.

4A
    Greenville Rose
    Ardrey Kell

I know Bagwell really wants the ring and Vincent has a handful of them, but this series is not played in the past. The coahes have done thei part at this time and now it is up to the players. AK is very talented and so is Rose. AK played in the best conference in the state this year and like the 3A, the West is harder to get through than the East. With all the tradition and it's current pitching depth it is hard to go against Rose, but I am. AK wins it. Bagwell is a great coach and his teams are always well prepared - he is due for the ring!

4. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I'm going to take Cherryville in 3 games, Orange County in 3 games, East Rowan in 2 games, and AK in 3 games

5. OurPasttime713

PS: I really hope what you said is true about Brian Goodwin being the best HS player in NC since Maybin. If he's better than Madison Bumgarner and Justin Jackson, we're all in for a huge treat this weekend in Zebulon.

6. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

In red
    1A
    Cherryville
    Topsail

Because they are at the beach. And I might get a cheaper room rate. Son grads next week.

2A
    Orange
    ER

You picked Orange. :whistling:

3A
    East Rowan
    Rocky Mount

No reason. Flipped for it.

4A
    Greenville Rose
    Ardrey Kell

Not sure this maybe tougher than it looks. :banghead:

7. SportsFever

SportsFever Member

no love for the rampants.

8. baseball411

baseball411 Full Access Member

It's hard to compare pitchers (Bumgarner) with position players (Goodwin). I guess I should have said the best non-pitcher to come through NC since Maybin, and that includes Jackson (who is having a great spring and was a great high school talent).

9. OurPasttime713

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I havent seen Goodwin play so I can't say one way or the other. I just meant that I'm excited about seeing him play if he's really better than guys like Justin Jackson..

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I really wish that ER - Rocky Mount series was in Greensboro. It sounds like it will be packed with talent and close games.

I really don't know enough about any of the teams but my guess is as good as any

Cherryville
    ER
    Rocky Mount
    Rose

I hope to make at least one of the 2A games this weekend.