1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact ECU "wood bat" Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

No relation to Sean. I cant remember who Jeff was playing for but we've seen him around the last 2 years. Very good player.

2. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

OK, I don't really hate pitchers... but I hate wood bats...lol :splat:

3. bball1

bball1 Banned From TBR

Take out the Ump

Stretchy,

I forgot to tell my son I was kidding before he left for the game Fri. night.

You see, I jokingly said there would be a little extra in his allowance if he could take out the home plate umpire...a guy known as stretchy. He called me to let me know he came close twice...oh yeah...and could he get 5 extra bucks.

The kid that got his nose broke must have bled A LOT, my son had it all over his pants...he said from sliding into home I think.

4. TheBaseballWarehouse

TheBaseballWarehouse Full Access Member

Game 1- Lake Monster 5 Cubs 4 Monsters did not get a hit till the 8th, but got 3 that inning (Evan Holton, Aarin Sharpe, and a big 2 out single by Stef Sunseth) combined with a walk to tie at 3. Cubs score 1 in 9th on a two out hit. Ryan Allen singled to lead-off 9th, moved to 2nd on sac bunt by Ashby Johnson. Allen scores on Holton's single, but Holton is thrown out trying to stretch into 2B. 2 outs, Kevin Norton singles up middle, and Sharpe hits ball into left field corner that scores Norton from 1st. Hit a couple balls sharp early in game, but nothing to show. 2 big defensive stops on DP's in 3rd and 6th, that allowed us to hang around. Ryan Pierce was very sharp for Monsters throwing 6 complete. Lefty's, Johnson and Will Bullock and RHP Dylan Newton did a great job of keeping Cubs bats in check as well. Game 2- Heat 09's 3 Lake Monsters 1 Another game where we hung around, but things didn't work out this time. Starter for Heat? went 8 complete and was able to pitch out of any jam he got in. Closer? allowed a hit in 9th to bring tying run to plate, but got no further. Hats off to their pitchers. Sharpe and Seth Lumpkins(2B) had 2 hits each, with Taylor Stanley, Josh Lovick, and Sundseth adding hits. Johnson, Newton, and Bullock allowed 7 hits between them, and wiggled out of a couple of jams as well. Game 3- Lake Monsters 10 Prep Stars 4 Byrce Freeman( 6IP), Pierce(2IP), and Stanley(1IP) combined pitching duties to hold down the Stars. Offensively, Sharpe and Lovick had 2 hits each, with Lumpkins, Sundseth (2B) 4 RBI's, Allen, and Matt Laxton adding hits. The Monsters took advantage of 12 walks. Monster pitchers had 2 on the day. Team committed 3 errors on weekend, and pitchers combined for only 9 walks in 26 IP.

5. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Take me out to the ballpark buy me some peanuts AND...

Geez...and i thought we were friends!!.....can't wait to ring up that son of yours in front of 150 scouts at the next event.