1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact ECU "wood bat" Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, Oct 7, 2008.

1. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Freddy is on here. Maybe he can help. he seems to help a lot of people in the baseball community.

PM being sent.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Northern talent?

Anyone see these teams play?

3. Blueand White

Blueand White Member

Got any Scores

Can anyone give us some scores on the games at ECU this weekend? Can someone give us an update on the Heat '09 team and how they are playing?:1zhelp: I hope everyone is having a great fall season. Thanks!

4. rupert

rupert Member

Heat 09

The Heat 09 went 2-1 on the weekend. Saturday they lost to the Va. Aces 4-3, and beat the Lake Monsters Satuday night don't remember the score. On Sunday they defeated the Fungo Red Sox at ECU.

5. rupert

rupert Member

Heat 09

Tyler Coyle pitched 7 strong innings against the Aces on Saturday with Jeff Howell coming in to close the 8th and 9th. Saturday night Tripp Hodge pitched a fantastic 8 innings against the Lake Monsters with Howell closing the 9th. Sunday brought in two pitchers one from Watauga and one from Ragsdale that pitched very well. Blalock had a big weekend at the plate.

6. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I'm pretty sure the Heat '09 went 2-1. The Ragsdale pitcher that pitched for them Sunday was David Coffey. I understand he pitched in the 85-87 range consistantly with a very good curve and only gave up 1 infield hit. I do not know the kid from Watauga that pitched. Heat -09 has been a little short pitching wise as a couple of kids have already committed and took the fall off and another took the fall off for other reasons.

7. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

I had the opportunity to see A LOT of baseball this weekend while the Impact Tourney was in town... and I saw some good stuff...

09 Jeff Farrell out of Laney High School (Wilmington) 6'3" , probably 190 pounds Righty pitcher was very impressive. Legitimate upper 80's into 90 (I hate talking velo). 2 more pitchers to go with it. Most impressive is his command. He ran through the Diamond Skills line up when it was his turn. Have seen him throw 3 different times now and he is very consistent and seems to always come to work and appears to be a solid gamer on the mound.

Any of you scouts out there reading this, you may want to inquire through PM. (The keepers of the TBR Flame - Braves, Stretchy, Southern1, etc - know it's RARE I will bark about a player unless it's legit).

8. TheBaseballWarehouse

TheBaseballWarehouse Full Access Member

Lake Monsters 5 Cubs 16's 4 Heat 09's 3 Lake Monsters 1 Lake Monsters 10 Prep Stars 4 I'll give details on all tonight when I get to my scorebook.

9. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

He's been legit since he was an 8yr old in Matthews Little League in the Charlotte area. You just knoew he would be an outstanding player. Played with a bunch of the boys who now make up SCP and On Deck. His family moved to Wilmington when he was 12.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Dawgswood- is he related to Sean Farrell?

Wow...if Diesel likes this guy, then those coaches better be wearing out a path to Wilmington. Diesel hates pitchers, so you know he's good!