1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact ECU "wood bat" Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Anyone know how good the Brooklawn New Jersey or the Philadelphia Senators are? Should be a great weekend swinging the lumber.

2. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Opening game of he tourney

Friday night football.....NOT!!

8 pm ECU Stadium: Lake Monsters vs Cubs 16u

Cubs pitchers Ricky Davis and Carlos Rodon no hit the monsters for 7+ innings. Cubs lead 3-0 going to bottom of the 8th. Monsters finally get a base runner on a bunt (hit or error?) and end up tying the game 3-3. Cubs retake lead 4-3 in top of the 9th but sure enough the Monsters do the "Monster Mash" as Aaron Sharpe wins the game with a walk off double after Ray Allen led the inning off with a single and someone else also had an rbi double.

What a game!! but the celebration was tame as unfortunately one of the Lake Monsters batters Will Byrd had his nose broken by a fastball that got away. It was very scary as I was on the dish. I pray he will be fine soon.

Diesel was the main celebrity in the house so hopefully he can post whatever it is that I missed seeing.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. carolinathunder07

carolinathunder07 Full Access Member

First Game at ECU

I was over behind the third base dugout hanging out with some Monster Dads. The bunt / error (he would have beat it out) and RBI man in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game was none other than Evan Holton of the Carolina Thunder. He did get thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. Sorry, had to brag on my guy. Monsters were short a few guys due to football so my starting SS filled in for Josh Lovish for the Monsters. My son's teammate, Aaron Sharpe, delivered the game winning double shortly there after. One guy for the Cubs almost went yard with the wood. BTW, the umpire behind the plate called a great game.:2thumbsup:

4. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

I wasn't able to break free until late and showed up in the 7th. I do know the Cubs too were short several starters, but rolled it out anyway. Will assume they will have them all on Sat and Sun.

Asking what YOU may have MISSED as you were behind the plate is one heck of a loaded question... lmaooo :22_yikes: But I am just gonna say what little I saw, it seemed like an easy game to call. No hitter through the 7th makes for easy work...lol You do have a distinct advantage of being able to call from behind the plate without having to bend over :doh:

5. ball coach

ball coach Member

Impact Baseball, anyone know how to get an invite to a showcase with this organization?

6. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Go to their website. They do have events listed. Choose one then pay your money. If thinking about playing for the Dirtbags. Think that is invite only. So pay your money and if they think you are good enough. Get your invite. As far as it goes that is how it works. If wanting to get a good idea where you stand against others. Drop Freddy a line. He is very up front and knows the system well.

7. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Ball Coach, in most situations with Impact events you have to sign up months in advance.

8. ball coach

ball coach Member

Thanks for the infomation. I am trying to get a team into one of their tournaments for 2009. Not having much luck getting anyone to respond to my emails for an invite.

9. ball coach

ball coach Member

Thanks for the help. Can't seem to get anyone to respond to my emails at Impact. I know they are one of the tops but can't even get an answer. Freddy? With CCB?

10. Freddy Suggs

Freddy Suggs Full Access Member

Try again,
    Thanks